PDA

View Full Version : Aircrew Logbook - Excel & PDAs

Ninj43
14th Jul 2004, 21:40
Evening,

No doubt this will end up being moved to another forum, but does anyone use a digital version of the RAF logbook.

Having obtained an MS Excel version of the PPL logbook from a user on PPRune, I have noted a number of errors in my hours when copying them over onto the PC.

I'd very much like to do the same for my aircrew logbook. Does anyoe have an excel version kicking about?

How easy is it to convert an excel document to pocket excel?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Rgds

N|nj

6foottanker
15th Jul 2004, 21:18
Stand by on that one, i am about to inherit one such excel program. I'll give it a whirl, and post it if it's up to speed.

Le Shark:ok:

Ninj43
15th Jul 2004, 21:31
Top job,

Piece of piddle converting an excel document to pocket version I've discovered.

I have found a decent RAF Logbook online but its a PC version not for PDA check it out here (http://www.zdnet.com.au/downloads/0,39024478,39051731s,00.htm)

Standing by, let me know

Rgds

N|nj

Dr Falken
16th Jul 2004, 12:56
Ninj,

I've got an Excel spreadsheet that I wrote for my logbook, which does monthly summaries and the totals at the top and bottom of the pages etc. It looks like a verbatim copy of your logbook page on screen, and is therefore almost a digital copy of your logbook. I used to use it to automatically calculate the monthly hours for course/non-course, and later different ac marks, which takes the tedium out of it all. I then just print it out and copy it into my logbook. It doesn't make mistakes if you put the right hours in!

As for whether you can use it on a PDA in Pocket Excel, I'm not sure. It contains some pretty complex macros that do the monthly summary calculations, and I'm not sure if Pocket Excel can cope with that.

It may not be the sort of thing you're after, and I'll probably have to customise it for your specific requirements (ac type or aircraft types etc), but if you'd like to see more, let me know and I can email a copy to you.

Dr Falken

Ninj43
16th Jul 2004, 14:48
Dr Falken

Ive posted you a Private Message with email address etc.

Many Thanks

N|nj