PDA

View Full Version : Pre CPL 100 hours P-i-c question

karanou
13th Jul 2004, 21:04
Hola fellow ppruners

One of the criteria required prior to commencing a CPL course is to have 100 hrs pilot-in-command in your log book.

Do the p-i-c hours accrued as part of the PPL course count towards this figure? or is it only p-i-c hours flown once you have gained the PPL licence?

Cheers

Karanou

rotatrim
13th Jul 2004, 21:24
PIC is PIC whether it was logged before or after gaining the PPL.

To commence the CPL course, you don't require to have 100 hours PIC. If I remember correctly, 150 hours TT is required to start the course; 200 hours TT is required for issue of the licence, of which 100 hours must be PIC.

As always, the detail can be found in LASORS.

I passed the CPL skills test before I had 100 hours PIC.

Northern Highflyer
14th Jul 2004, 10:19
You can commence the course with 150 hours TT, of which 70 must be P1.

I believe the 100 P1 is for CPL issue ?

NHF

AIRWAY
14th Jul 2004, 10:33
Hello,

Instead of creating another topic i will use this one, its a quick question regarding hours too, if 2 PPL'ers hire a a/c to do a couple of hours will both pilots be able to log the flying time one as a P1 and the other as P2 or only the pilot who hires the aircraft can log the flying time?

Thank You
Airway

Northern Highflyer
14th Jul 2004, 10:37
Only the PF can log P1 and the other pilot is really just a passenger, unless it is an aircraft certified for multi crew operations. If your friend books the aircraft but you are flying it then you log P1. If you are PNF you can log the trip in your book but you cannot claim any flying hours.

pipergirl
14th Jul 2004, 12:27
I just had a look at LASORS....

you can start your CPL training with 150 hours TT, but for licence issue, you must have 100 hours P1. It's reduced to 70 hours for those who have done integrated training.

It's best just to read through LASORS, loads of info there, twill put you on the right track!

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF

FlyingForFun
15th Jul 2004, 07:31
It's best just to read through LASORS, loads of info there, twill put you on the right track!Couldn't have put it better myself! And, off the top of my head, I think Pipergirl's numbers a correct.... I haven't actually checked in LASORS as she has, but you should if it's going to affect you!

As for what counts as P1 - yes, solo time for your PPL definitely counts. As NH says, if you rent the aircraft with a friend, only one of you can log the time. But there is a possible source of confusion here.... under the American FAA system, there are some situations where both of you can log the time. The best thing to do if you have a JAR license is completely ignore any references to this altogether, and don't let them confuse or sidetrack you. Once again, the answer is in LASORS - in something like Appendix D to Section A, I think, off the top of my head, but I might be wrong. (My LASORS is packed up because I'm moving house, and Adobe Acrobat isn't working on my PC so I can't check the on-line version right now, otherwise I'd check the reference!)

FFF
--------------