PDA

View Full Version : Increase of drug-running flights through Nicaragua's Atlantic coast

Panama Jack
13th Jul 2004, 17:05
This article appreared in La Prensa a few days ago. Supposedly, narco traffickers conduct at least one flight a day through Nicaraguan airspace, Monday's through Friday. The Army plans to install additional surveillence radars.

Crecen Vuelos Narcos (http://www.laprensa.com.ni/archivo/2004/julio/09/nacionales/nacionales-20040709-18.html)

PicMas
14th Jul 2004, 18:27
Are they hiring pilots then;) :ouch:

Panama Jack
14th Jul 2004, 19:48
I'm sure they are, not sure about longevity though or jumpseat/interline travel benefits.

crack up
15th Jul 2004, 15:17
Narco acft recovered in Belize the past 12 months:

1 - AN-26
1 - C-90
1 - BE-200
2 - QueenAir's
1 - B-206L (Shot down by Guat FA, made it across the border. 7.62 holes in the; rotors, transmission, oil and hyd line. Hole through the ctr pedestal, blood in and around the right seat. Pilot not found. RR250 starts and runs good, the rest is shot, so to speak).

No product recovery, no arrests, imagine that.

Check 6
18th Jul 2004, 12:48
crack up, does this mean the authorities believe in "recycling?"

;)

Check 6

crack up
19th Jul 2004, 13:43
Ck. 6
Recycled into Hummers, Benzes, South Beach condos (actually, several have lost their U.S. visas, even with diplomatic pp's). They aren't to creative or secretive though, they don't have to be.

Panama Jack
30th Aug 2004, 12:38
In today's article in La Prensa (http://www.laprensa.com.ni/nacionales/nacionales-20040830-14.html), the Nicaraguan military estimates that there are 15 to 20 drug trafficker flights every month through Nicaraguan airspace. Brigadier General César Delgadillo claims that the Nicaraguan military is unable to do anything at this time due to the lack of suitable aircraft to intercept these illicit flights. He said that the army requires aircraft like the A-37, operated by his military counterparts in Honduras and El Salvador, to have aircraft with the capability to intercept the multi-engine aircraft used by drug smugglers.

These announcments were made yesterday, function celebrating the Ejercito de Nicaragua's 25th anniversary. On the weekend, the Nicaraguan Navy fired upon and captured a vessel carrying approximately 1500 kilograms of cocaine (a street value of $7.5 million dollars in the United States) in the vicinity of Puerto Cabezas.

L_T
4th Sep 2004, 11:38
Can't wait till they get the high speed intercepters..

I'll be able to use my C150 and smuggle the drugs.. They wouldn't even suspect it.. *MUAHAHHAHAHA*

crack up
4th Sep 2004, 15:03
Aledgedly, the un-refueled distance record for a CE-208 is Columbia to Nova Scotia low level. It was shadowed the entire flight by U.S. agencies. They were caught when they landed.

Maybe you can become famous with a 150.

Panama Jack
5th Sep 2004, 12:14
I remember that from the headlines, September 1996, I believe:

A more unusual airborne delivery occurred in September, when 510 kilograms of cocaine were air-dropped into a lake near Clova, Quebec, from a Cessna Caravan aircraft that had flown nonstop from Guajira, Colombia.

How fast does the C-208 cruise at? Talk about a Loooong haul flight. :zzz:

A friend of mine plays with a Cessna 150 when he's got enough change saved up. When he lands at airports on the Atlantic coast, he always gets a reception from curious soldiers with AK-47's