PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic Fly-In?

RDRickster
13th Jul 2004, 13:39
:cool: Anyone up for a Fly-In? :ok:

Howdy,

I'm conducting an informal survey of how many Mid-Atlantic PPRuNe forum members we have?

A few of us have been chatting offline, and we're thinking about putting together a Fly-In near Winchester, Virginia... probably in August. Anyone interested in a little helicopter pilot fellowship should respond here. We have an open field that is only 6 minutes flight time from OKV. There will be an outdoor grill, a few games (football or whatever), and you will have an opportunity to fly a B47G2 if you wish.

Twisted Rigging
13th Jul 2004, 18:34
Is OKV in the 'MID ATLANTIC'? ;)

RDRickster
13th Jul 2004, 22:08
:O That's KOKV to you, Buster! :D

Well, Winchester is in Virginia (about 1.5 hours driving distance West of Washington D.C. and just North of the Shenandoah Valley). Okay, it's definately on the "fringe" of the Mid-Atlantic, but there isn't too much trouble you can get into out there.

We are looking at Saturday, August 14th (tentatively). So far, we have a couple R22's, possibly a B2B, possibly a 280FX, and the B47 is based at that location. It should be lots of fun (alcohol light goes on AFTER all flights are complete).

ppheli
14th Jul 2004, 04:45
Perhaps Twisted Rigging was expecting a fly-in halfway between the eastern seaboard and the European mainland?

SASless
14th Jul 2004, 05:08
The US Navy has several of those going on at any given time....the grub is great...but the grog is the absolute pits!;)

Irishwingz
14th Jul 2004, 05:08
maybe its just me but I expected this was the Azores or something.........:ooh:

Vfrpilotpb
14th Jul 2004, 07:50
Hey RD

two questions, Re your MAFI

1. Where will you place the wind sock?

2. Where will we all stand?

Peter R-B:D

chaisone
14th Jul 2004, 08:38
I'm in. Will probably be driving, haven't flown for a while. Might not be able to rent, but would like to join just the same.

Bryan

Bajan3
1st Aug 2004, 16:05
Is this still on, I live in Jeffersonton so pretty close, give me a shout if you get a chance so I can confirm times etc.

[email protected]

RDRickster
1st Aug 2004, 16:27
It's been tentatively rescheduled for Saturday, September 11th. The B47 owner / CFI also works for the local PD flying a 206, and he's been put on night shift for a while. Also, it looks as though the fly-in may be at KOKV directly because we have more aircraft than I thought we would. Stay tuned... I may need to coordinate with local FSDO so at least we can get a Notam for that site. Winchester doesn't have much traffic and they almost NEVER see helicopters in the area. To suddenly show up with a dozen helicopters at once... all those farm boys will think it's an invasion!

gomexjr
1st Aug 2004, 19:22
Last I heard all those "farm boys" had guns and usually weren't scared to use them. Better hope they haven't been watching
"Red Dawn", and may want to tell one of them as that should notify entire community. Much rather get shot by the camera:E