PDA

View Full Version : Globeground Heathrow

galeforcewind
13th Jul 2004, 12:18
Hi There

I was wondering if anyone has any info on Globeground at LHR. Good company to work for, good pay etc etc. Mainly though I am looking at info about their dispatch job, who they handle etc.

Anything would be great

Cheers

GFW

Muppet99
24th Jul 2004, 21:46
Hi

I did some agency work for them last year and wasn't impressed. Full of yobbish lads and unbelievably poor organisation - if I was you I'd look elsewhere.

Who'stheDaddy
27th Jul 2004, 16:50
Gone downhill since Lufthansa sold their stake.

WTD

Terror_is_firmer
28th Jul 2004, 07:36
Now called Servisair Globeground

galeforcewind
2nd Aug 2004, 09:33
Lufthansa sold their stake?? I have been informed that I would despatch all lufthansa flights and that the course is in Germany, does this mean that Lufthansa still don't have any stake or that I would be working for Lufthansa, I am a bit confused now. They told me they were a part of Lufty???? was also told they have contracts with Cathay and Qatar, does any one know any more info??????

They have postponed my interview as they have run out of exam papers, so your comment about lack of organisation muppet99 seems pretty true hey??

Cheers

GFW

Who'stheDaddy
2nd Aug 2004, 12:25
As far as i'm aware it is now a joint venture between Servisairs owner Pernaiulle? Poly Services (PPS) and Menzies Aviation Group (MAG). When LH sold their stake (2001/2002) ex LH staff lost alot in terms of concessions and more importantly pensions. They all walked out one day in LHR. Nice way to pay staff back after years of service. - Think this was resolved.

My course (2001) was supposed to be in Germany but they shortened it and held it in Heathrow.
They still have the LH contract, think its a long term thing.
Other weird thing was aviance do the ramp handling for LH instead of GG also you do the T2 dispatch for the BMI german flts even though BMI have there own dispatchers. Was something to do with airline politics, not too sure why now as those two ground agents have split from their respective airlines.

WTD

boeingbus2002
18th Aug 2004, 16:35
Does any one know what this invloves? I believe you need to do this before being called for the interview. Only detail given is that it lasts 30mins.

Cheers

galeforcewind
19th Aug 2004, 10:53
Hi BB2002

I am not sure, but I have the same assessment too. If you get any feedback from anyone other than on here, let me know as I am also curious. Have you heard if Globeground is a good company or not?

I have been waiting for an interview for a couple of months, then they run out of exam papers so the prganisation doesn't seem all that great.

GFW

boeingbus2002
10th Sep 2004, 21:22
Galeforce- Tests were just basic maths, number sequences, and mechanical comprehension.
30 mins and you're done!

Any ideas on what the interview entails? Or more company news?
cheers

Skut
17th Sep 2004, 14:10
On joining GlobeGround as a dispatcher you will handle the following airlines:

Lufthansa (the majority), Austrian, Croatian, Air Algerie, Royal Air Maroc, Helios, Onur and Tarom.

After you've been there a while they will consider you for other airlines which require further training:

South African, Quatar, PIA, Iran Air and EVA (MD11 freighter).

Hope that helps you.