PDA

View Full Version : I'm 90% helicopter pilot!

Aser
13th Jul 2004, 11:19
Now I just need to fly the IFR hours in the Jetranger and pass the checkride!!!
The 17 exams of my CPL+IR (frozen ATPL) helicopter license are passed!!!! :O :D ;) :p :} :ok:

Thanks to all of you because I'm always learning a lot from the forum.

Regards,
Aser

Flingwing207
13th Jul 2004, 15:08
:ok: :ok: :ok:

Way to go! Enjoy the instrument flying - it's actually a lot of fun (at least for sickos like myself).

Heliport
13th Jul 2004, 15:25
Congratulations Aser. :ok:
Almost there.

Heliport http://www.bluetonguehelicopters.com.au/pprune/actsm.gif

Vfrpilotpb
14th Jul 2004, 07:54
Well done,
I am green with envy, :ok:

PeterR-B

rotorrookie
14th Jul 2004, 08:38
Congrats Aser:ok: I’m nearly in the same position as you, well I got one exam,IR and the check ride left so I guess I’m about 80%heli pilot :} But why 17 exams?? I thought there where 14 atpl´s
+ one bridge exam according to JAA syllabus.

p.s. don’t you get the feeling that you never want to look into these books again after all this :yuk:

Aser
14th Jul 2004, 09:07
Here in Spain we are doing the ICAO license so , we have to do 17 examns :yuk:
Do you need to do the IR flight training in a twin with JAA ?

Sometimes I get the feeling, but I know that after getting the license we just start another school and I would need to check the books...:uhoh:

Regards.
Aser

charlie s charlie
14th Jul 2004, 09:43
Under JAR FCL2 you can get
1. Single Engine IFR
2. Multi Engine IFR

However, member states may impose requirements that make an IFR de facto multiengine.

For example, in the UK, there is only one single engine certified IFR helicopter, owned by Bristows.

Every other IFR certified helicopter is a twin, and therefore requires a multiengine IFR.

The advantage of doing the single engine IFR is that it is cheaper and will eventually unfreeze your frozen ATPL.

Check your PM's :ok:

rotorrookie
15th Jul 2004, 08:50
Charlie do u know what Bristow is charging per hour on that single engine IFR?? is it B-206 or ?? There are not many JAA certified IFR singles to choose from in Europe. Is this one the only or what??

charlie s charlie
15th Jul 2004, 12:02
Its a B206 with "full IFR instrumentation, screens, SFENA SAS stabilisation and GPS" (G-AVII)

http://www.bristowtraining.com/bell206panel.jpg

Cost is just under Euro 900 / hr + [email protected]%
You also have to add on procedure training, ground school and CAA testing fee, bringing the total cost to somewhere around Euro 41.000

Somebody mentioned France having some SE IFR helicopters (private use only?). Other than that, there is a company called Helikopter Service AB in Helsingborg, Sweden offering SE IR on a Long Ranger.

Not all JAA member states have been recommended for JAR-FCL2 (the helicopter bit). The current list is:

Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
Germany
Iceland
Ireland
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
Romania
Sweden
United Kingdom

Theoretically, you could try any of those and see if they have SE IFR helicopters

boomerangben
15th Jul 2004, 12:10
Charlie,

Your photo brings back some memories! - I spent many happy hours in that cockpit sweating my bits off!

Best training I have ever had in aviation.

Tsing_tao
16th Jul 2004, 05:46
Me 2 Boom! And that wooden box precedure trainer in Great Y

waivar
16th Jul 2004, 17:47
Congratulations on what you've done so far & best of british with the remaining 10%.

Enjoy the cloud

:ok: :p

edruxton
17th Jul 2004, 04:06
Congrats ASER/ROTORROOKIE.

Can anyone tell me how long a Frozen ATPL H (JAA) ticket remains valid for. I know at some point in time it converts to a CPL H, if the IFR portion is not completed.

Ed.

charlie s charlie
17th Jul 2004, 09:42
Source: LASORS
Potential candidates for the JAR-FCL ATPL theoretical knowledge examinations should first consider the implications of JAR-FCL 1.495 or 2.495 that relates to the Acceptance Period.

A pass in the ATPL theory examinations will be accepted for the issue of a CPL or IR during the 36 months from the end of the month of the date of the final pass in the examinations. Provided that an IR is obtained during this period, a pass in the ATPL theoretical knowledge examinations will remain valid (for the purpose of ATPL issue) for a period of 7 years from the validity date of the most recent renewal IR entered in the CPL. However, if a professional licence with IR is not gained during the 36 month period, the ATPL theory credit will lapse. Candidates would have to re-pass the ATPL or IR theoretical knowledge examinations before an IR could be granted.

Bravo 99 (AJB)
17th Jul 2004, 18:11
Well done Aser its hard work but its a great feeling at the end
good luck in finding a job, if you dont already have one

Sincerely

Andy

Bravo 99 (AJB)