PDA

View Full Version : CTC for oldies!!

Andy_R
13th Jul 2004, 11:09
With the upper age limit at CTC at 33 years old, what route would one have to follow to get into the likes of EasyJet, if one is over that age?

Simple question, probably not a simple (or heart warming) answer.

witchdoctor
13th Jul 2004, 14:29
Seems the only way in at the mo for newbie FOs is CTC (limited numbers) or via the easyjet TRSS scheme unless you have in excess of 1500hrs in a single which would qualify you for the 500 factored hours direct entry. Assuming I understand things correctly.:8

Straightandlevel80kt
14th Jul 2004, 06:52
Hi

Since when was the CTC age limit 33??? I thought it was 26. Or are you talking about 'self-funded' training rather than the 'sponsored' bond option?

If it is 33, then that raises three questions...

1) When did that happen?
2) Why didn't CTC tell me?
3) Why am I sitting on my @rse here instead of getting on the phone!

Nice icon 69!!!
;) :O :ok:

no sponsor
14th Jul 2004, 07:19
There are two schemes with CTC. One is the ab-initio scheme that is up to 26, the other is a scheme for qualified individuals, and gives them a type rating and a placement in an airline.

I had thought the latter was up to, but including, 34, since it states ages between 19-34. Can anyone clarify?

Ropey Pilot
14th Jul 2004, 11:10
Got the paperwork in front of me:

"To be eligible for the ATP scheme pilots must be aged between 20 and 33. hold a United Kingdom CAA Full or Frozen ATPL........"

no sponsor
14th Jul 2004, 12:22
That's me buggered then. I will qualify a little after my 34th. Damn.

Andy_R
14th Jul 2004, 18:58
Sooooo...

With the upper age limit at CTC at 33 years old, what route would one have to follow to get into the likes of EasyJet, if one is over that age?

Whether it's 33 or 34 I am still too old so what route would be the suggested for self sponsored / modular route once the holder of an fATPL?

redsnail
14th Jul 2004, 21:15
If you're above the age limit for their cadet and their ATP scheme then it seems if you want to work for easyJet et al then you'll have to get a job, any job, and keep working untill you have the hours required to get in. (Check their website for the latest).
Flight instruction is the "minimum", then single pilot air taxi in pistons but ideal is turboprop/jet time.

Spyke
20th Jul 2004, 16:33
And all this will (hopefully!) become illegal in October 2006 when the EU finally make it an offence to discriminate on age.

Can't imagine that applying to this industry somehow though :rolleyes: