PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Aviation

CIRRUSA1
13th Jul 2004, 09:24
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of moving to the sunny Gold Coast and would appreciate some advice on local training organisations. I am a low time PPL and in this industry considered mature age and thus too old for a professional job with the regionals etc. In order to increase my skills and confidence, I have started down the 200 Hr CPL path. Theory is all passed and now it comes down to PIC hour building before the start of the dual comm navs. I have been looking at organisations on the Gold Coast but would travel to Archerfield if necessary. Can any one assist with thoughts on the Gold Coast Aviation Centre and their aircraft, or any other suggestions regarding schools on the coast?
Thanks in advance for any constructive comments.

altocu
13th Jul 2004, 11:37
G'day CIRRUSA1

I would recommend Air Gold Coast at Coolangatta.
I will also add the disclaimer that i'm probably biased on this one as my old man is CFI there, but he does know his stuff, even for an old bastard. :D

Safe Flying,

Alto

James Bigglesworth
14th Jul 2004, 00:47
I'm with Alto. Give them a call. Yes he is an old bastard...but he does know a thing or two....

They are also a maintenance organisation, so their aeroplanes are in good shape.

Good Luck and Enjoy !

JB :ok:

a36flyer
14th Jul 2004, 01:12
Best in the business, If you learn with these guys you'll learn alot and have alot of fun while your doing it. Even the "old, old bastard" is human!
Give them a call

2daddies
14th Jul 2004, 08:07
From memory I think that old bastard might have given me a Commercial Licence a few years ago. One of the most poorly thought out things he's ever done!

Seriously, Air Gold Coast is the way to go and the CFI is as good as they all say. It'll be worth your while.

bigfella5
15th Jul 2004, 03:32
Old bastard tankies never die.....they just get crusty and angry!!!!!;)

CIRRUSA1
15th Jul 2004, 09:09
Thanks all for the positive replies.
When I arrive next week they will be my first port'a call. I'm looking forward to the great Qld weather.
Regards,
Cirrusa1