PDA

View Full Version : Where did you train?

taxitoalpha
13th Jul 2004, 07:12
Having read all the debates around modular vs integrated and UK training vs US I can see that there is an approximate 50/50 split between the two camps. Perhaps it would help me if I could get some statistics to back up some of the theories. So any newly qualified pilots who have recently got their first right hand seat job, my question to you is where did you train and was it modular or integrated?

Regards

Richard

Olof
13th Jul 2004, 09:20
I don't know about the UK but I thought I'd tell you how it works in Sweden nowadays. And the answer is that it doesn't :}

Regardless of flight school, training type (ab-initio, modular), it is deadly hard to find a job. The way to do it is to get rated. I don't know anyone who has got a job via a direct entry without having paid for the rating. Therefore, my advice to all who are about to undertake the basic training is go for the modular alternative because it's cheaper! If you loook at, for example, CTC they don't care about where you got your training just as long as you got it, am I right? Unless you find an ab-initio school where you're guaranteed direct entry to a company, I wouldn't recommend it...

I'm about to train at Scandinavian Aviation College of Sweden http://www.bfsaa.se however not their ab-initio alternative...