PDA

View Full Version : You Saw It Here First. Aviation Backflips

Gateway Customer
13th Jul 2004, 06:07
Now that I have your attention.....

What are some "creative" or "non creative"aspects of aviation that may happen in the coming years?
This is a rumour mill so lets use our imagination and speculate what could, would and may happen to our industry in the foreseeable future.
Hera are afew ideas to get us started:ok:

=> Dick Smith does the biggest backflip ever and announces that he will preceed Dixon as CEO of Qantas

=> Qantas has a 100% Airbus fleet by 2020

=> Qantas Domestic to be renamed Jetstar Domestic

=> Hooters Airlines to start up a Low Cost Carrier against Qantas and Virgin

Pete Conrad
13th Jul 2004, 06:41
Jet* gone in five years?

Yorik Hunt
13th Jul 2004, 06:53
Make that two, Pete.

Capt Claret
13th Jul 2004, 07:44
For Dik to preceed Dixon as CEO of QF, he, Dick, would be the richest man in the world as he would own or have access to a time travel machine.

As Dixon is the CEO, the only way for Dick to preceed him, is for Dick to turn back time. :\

I thought that is what happened with NAS? :E

Woomera

elektra
13th Jul 2004, 07:52

The ex '89 picket line crosser pilots repent, promise to pay back their excessive salaries and put the blood money collected thereby into a fund for those who they helped blacklist and who never did get back into the air.

They also promise to be no further trouble to their AIPA brothers and sisters and to actively work for a single seniority list and scope clause for all those who fly in a QF owned aircraft

Can't wait!

Wizofoz
13th Jul 2004, 07:57
Not to be a pedant (ok, yes I am) but Dick would succeed Geoff. He was preceded by Jimmy Bow Tie.

Just so you understand Dick would suc....

MoFo
13th Jul 2004, 23:10
Yeah. But this one is smoking some real good sh*t.

Torres
13th Jul 2004, 23:19
Faye: "All Wongai customers welcome at Gateway!" :}

Gateway Customer
14th Jul 2004, 01:24
Torres I thought it was the other way around
"You Wongai customer not Gateway":ok:

Baldricks Mum
14th Jul 2004, 02:03
AirServices doesn't suck the aviation industry dry!

Nup Never Happen

BM

ginjockey
14th Jul 2004, 02:34
By sheer luck, confusion and under a little known legal technicality, a lucky lawyer convinces a semi-senile high court magistrate that it is against our aussie constitution to hire a pilot "over the top" of an existing company pilot and sets a generation long precedent which rapidly spreads across the entire globe like a wave.......

High Altitude
14th Jul 2004, 02:37
I like the last thought...

Hooters to start up....... :D :D :D

Interesting post though what will GA be flying?

ginjockey
14th Jul 2004, 02:46
Or... due to unpredicted shifts in the tectonic plates within the earth's crust, 97 percent of the earths known oil reserves are rendered unsuitable for refinement and computer modelling indicates our current global reserves will be exhausted within 2 years. That'd cause a few transportation issues I'd reckon.

OK, that's actually just ridiculous .............isn't it??

14th Jul 2004, 02:58
Instead of the TWU helping Truck Drivers rip off customers, they help Aviation win back their share of freight forwarding. Companies are able to afford, (because of all the money saved by the implementation of NAS), and operate their own fleet of aircraft and distribute products all over this country.

Childcare centre owners have nothing to do with owning or operating airfields.

And last but not least John Anderson takes on the role of main clown for the circus, and pays back his super.

Fris B. Fairing
14th Jul 2004, 05:57
Ansett will cease to exist and Qantas will be operating DC-9s.

Who would have believed that ten years ago?

Pinky the pilot
14th Jul 2004, 10:57
Pinky the Pilot finally scores himself a full time flying job and is able to give up picking oranges forever!!:ok:
And the bikkies man realises that he got it wrong.
Well; ....I do live in hope y'know!

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

GW_04
14th Jul 2004, 12:23
And to continuie yours ginjockey.....

a few days later Boeing and NASA announce the soon to be released anti-gravity technology type propulsion system they have been working on as a joint venture for some time now under strict secrecy controlled by......you guessed it "The Bush administration"..........
hmmmm

Beer Can Dreaming
14th Jul 2004, 21:23
How About "Jetstar Pilots demand to be paid equivalent wages of Virgin Blue pilots and strive for union representation".

Didnt think so.

ginjockey
15th Jul 2004, 04:27
Triple J radio holds a "spot the bumper sticker" type contest. The contest, open only to islamic extremist hijackers, is a huge success with the first prize being a full type rating on the airliner of your choice, contestants have to enter and place their home address' on the station website. (For SMS entries, get mum or dad's permission first)

Several hundred cash strapped wannabe jet jockey arabs enter and are rounded up by interpol and detained Camp Green Can, Yuendemu, NT.

150Aerobat
16th Jul 2004, 13:01
Or maybe Jet* will Go their own way