PDA

View Full Version : Spartan School of Aeronautics

Pugh
13th Jul 2004, 04:47
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this school in Tulsa. I plan on attending in September, so I'd like to know what to expect, the good the bad the ugly etc. My goal is to get an ATP, and eventually fly for an airline.

411A
14th Jul 2004, 05:41
I personally know at least three guys that went there, and then on to big jets...including a chief pilot at a company where I worked.
This guy offered me a direct entry captain position on the 707...with me having only 50 hours on type. Of course we had both gone to PanAmerican for training...where the training was top notch.
Spartan had a very good reputation years ago...don't know about now.
Good luck with your training!:ok:

JTF
31st Jul 2004, 06:11
I don't know where you'll be coming from, but I highly suggest checking out more places for info than just this site. You may also want to try flightinfo.com. I didn't attend spartan, but I know a few who did in the mid to late 90's and they were not happy with the program. Things may very well have changed since those times and I would guess a solid majority of students were not all that happy with the programs at the big pilot factories in the US during those boom years before 9/11. Now that times are definitely leaner for flight schools in the US I'm sure some, if not most, have changed their ways into being a bit more customer friendly- not recruiting with such blatent lies and actually having the staff and airplanes to get students through the programs in the amount of time and for the general price ranges that they advertise under. Get as much info from those who actually have been there, the more recently the better, before making a decision to spend many tens of thousands of US dollars on a program that may or may not be what they say they are (I was burned by Comair and Airman, but have now finally emerged as an EMB captain 5 years after finnishing my ratings). Good luck wherever you land.