PDA

View Full Version : Flight/Ground Instructors Asia

herman
13th Jul 2004, 04:03
Any one out there got any gossip on the positions being advertised with Rishworths at the moment?

Like where abouts in Asia? Is it that Malaysian Flying Academy that advertises in magazines of somewhere more exciting like Thailand or PI?

:ok:

Oktas8
13th Jul 2004, 10:40
Rumour has it that the positions are mainland China.

marshall
13th Jul 2004, 11:59
I know it's not MFA...

Somebody must know something....

Cloud Cutter
14th Jul 2004, 21:55
The position is in China unaccompanied, for a period of one year, with possible extensions.
Start date is September Ist. on location, with screening in Auckland 7,8,9th. August.
Payment is $3000 USD per month CFI, and $2000 USD per month Flight Instructors , net of China taxes.
Accomodation, food , travel to/from supplied.
Minimum 'B' cat CFI, and "C' cat Flight Instructors .
Aircraft are DA 40 and DA 42.

That's the rishworth spiel, anyone have more details?

VH-TEACH
14th Mar 2005, 00:31
Greetings All,

Does anyone have further information about this opportunity in China.

Who pays for the trip across to NZ for the screening process?

Is the quote in the above post correct in respect to pay and aircraft being used.

Is there anyone in China now who would like to give some actual factual information about the experience over there?

Cypher
14th Mar 2005, 01:24
http://www.panamaviation.com/

Run it through Google translate to make some sense of it.
This is the place.

Ozgrade3
14th Mar 2005, 08:03
Would these jobs in China be the ones that Sydney Flight Training Centre advertised for a few weeks ago.

VH-TEACH
14th Mar 2005, 10:31
Cypher,

Thanks for that.

I would still like to hear from anyone over there now, working and living the experience in China.

capson
15th Mar 2005, 08:06
hi VH-TEACH

check out "far east" talks about MFA.....from i have seen and heard....big no...no...i'll pm you if you like....

good luck.....

VH-TEACH
15th Mar 2005, 11:24
capson,

please private me some more details !

thanks
:}

Kliperoo
19th Mar 2005, 10:04
The position that is posted on Rishworths is for positions just outside of Bejing. Quite right, they will be training on Katana's both the C20 and Twin Star as I have heard.
From my understanding (as a couple buddies are over in China at the place in question) they have yet to actually start flying ops, but are into the ground work with the students. I believe that the flight to China is paid in full, but any flights to/from Auckland for interviews must be paid for by yourself.

Rumour has it that the place is setup by an American to train the Chinese for their internal airlines, but that is only rumour. The hard fact is I know it is taking longer for them to start up and that the Chineese gov't is being a typical gov't in processing licences, etc. (as you will know you would need to obtain your Chineese equivilant to the CPL and C-Cat/B-Cat whatever).

Hope this helps!

VH-TEACH
22nd Mar 2005, 06:11
Thanks for the information and those who have PM'd me !

:E

citationdriver
28th Mar 2005, 05:01
Has anyone applied for this position? On the website it talks about a May start. Is it may or august? How much twin instructing is there in the total hours? How many positions are they looking to fill. Love to find out more....

bigfella5
28th Mar 2005, 10:33
Hey Citation guy.....things gettin' a bit lean mate?;)

citationdriver
2nd Apr 2005, 22:59
Hey Big Fella!
You know what this industry is like. One day your the rooster....
the next your'e the feather duster...!
CD