PDA

View Full Version : The (Older) New Starter.........

corrimal
13th Jul 2004, 01:30
Hello All

Sorry if this question has been posted a million times before.......

At ther grand old age of 28 I'm just about to get into more debt than Russia and (hopefully) complete an Integrated ATPL course. If I could choose a path it would be to complete this, get accepted on the CTC ATP course & then go fly with EZY (I like their style....)

Does anyone know how many late-starters have been accepted onto the CTC ATP Scheme and what the competition is? I know it's fierce but any figures??

Thanks in advance

Ropey Pilot
13th Jul 2004, 10:25
Can't give any figures, but the upper age is 33, and since that is the case you don't seem quite so old anymore!:D

Kinetic
15th Jul 2004, 12:54
CTC I think take up to age 34 and I was accepted through the first stages b4 I took the position I have now with 150 actual flying hours plus sim.

A friend of mine just got through the 3rd phase at CTC and in my dealing with them they are a good professional bunch though it is reasonably tough to get through the 3 phases for the ATP, I heard it's about 1 in 50 but not sure if thats accurate or not.

I really don't think age will be an issue for you, it will be apptitude and ability and as long as you are under 34 they will give you a fair crack at the whip.

You never know by the time you do your integrated course the market may be different and you may get direct entry.

Good luck :ok:

jam123
15th Jul 2004, 16:02
kinetic

please check your pm

thanks

jam

corrimal
15th Jul 2004, 22:44
Thanks very much all, music to my ears!

I have the initial medical booked now so I reckon all systems go..........which deep down I knew anyway! Now to break the news to my missus...........

Oh, and well done Kinetic. It's not all doom & gloom then. I wouldn't mind hearing more about the way you secured your position, if you'd be willing to share it of course.;)