PDA

View Full Version : CX initial interview- yes/no?

intake
12th Jul 2004, 21:19
Have an initial interview with CX in Aug 04, but due to circumstances beyond my control I am not able to attend. My question is - has anyone out there been offered an interview at a latter date that has defered their initial. Thanks in advance - intake!

Penske
13th Jul 2004, 00:56
The interview spots are getting harder and harder to get. The number of qualified applicants is astounding.

If Cathay is truly your career choice, my advice would be to do whatever you have to do to make your scheduled date.

If that is simply not possible, then you must conduct yourself in a manner that leaves no doubt as to your sincerity and desire to join Cathay Pacific.

Most certainly you will get your interview rescheduled, but I believe the way you go about cancelling will determine when the new date is and of course, whether or not you are ultimately successful.

Good luck.

A310GUY
19th Jul 2004, 14:26
I deferred my interview twice. Once because the flight I was on to get to YVR had a security scare and was delayed about 4 hours and the second time because of work obligations. They were a little peaved about my second refusal and I didn't think that they would reinvite me - but they called me again and I plan to attend in YVR next week. They seem very understanding and accomodating as long as your excuse is reasonable. Word to the wise - If you really want to work for Cathay or any airline for that matter - go to the first interview and get on with it. In my case - I'm a sour individual who has been in the industry too long and it's going to show in the interview. I will more than likely get rejected. "What are the 6 functions of spoilers?" Give me a break!

igig
20th Jul 2004, 03:42
Great attitude going into the interview.

Good Luck...not.

iahtexan747400
20th Jul 2004, 05:06
A310Guy
I deferred my interview twice. Once because the flight I was on to get to YVR had a security scare and was delayed about 4 hours and the second time because of work obligations. They were a little peaved about my second refusal and I didn't think that they would reinvite me - but they called me again and I plan to attend in YVR next week. They seem very understanding and accomodating as long as your excuse is reasonable. Word to the wise - If you really want to work for Cathay or any airline for that matter - go to the first interview and get on with it. In my case - I'm a sour individual who has been in the industry too long and it's going to show in the interview. I will more than likely get rejected. "What are the 6 functions of spoilers?" Give me a break!

I'll gladly take your slot to answer the questions they want to ask for a shot to fly a B747 around the world for a premier global carrier. Give me a shot and I'll answer the bell!! :ok: