PDA

View Full Version : Wannabee looking at the corporate side

haughtney1
12th Jul 2004, 09:51
Ok, its the problem lots of us have; how do we stand out from the crowd...what really makes my CV any different from the hundreds of others that pass under the nose of the Chief Pilot, or Operations Director......?
Secondly, what are corporate operators expecting from new starters? (in general I guess)
Thirdly, as a professional looking to make a career out of aviation, the biggest challenge I percieve, is the very real difficulty in getting in contact with the right people..other than with email, which from an "attempting to create a positive and personal impression" can be challenging to say the least.
Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, job offers etc....will be gladly accepted!
Strictly speaking perhaps this should go in the wanabies forum, however due to a desire to break into corporate aviation here in the UK......and the excellent feedback from those in the know, this forum also seems appropriate.

Smooooth Landings

jerseymilkman
12th Jul 2004, 10:28
Best thing I ever did was to get a professional company to do my CV for me - that really does make a difference...

haughtney1
12th Jul 2004, 17:38
thanks once again milkman..........are you currently in gainfull employment?

or are you indeed rattling the glass 1st thing in the morning on jersey

jerseymilkman
13th Jul 2004, 09:23
...working....just not flying that's all!

...gone back to flying when I want to rather than when someone else needs to - much better....

JoeCo
13th Jul 2004, 12:29
Hi Jersey,

Who did you have do your resume? What did it cost and was it true value for money?

Thanks.

Joe

jerseymilkman
14th Jul 2004, 07:05
Local firm in Jersey (that's the old one in the UK...). If you need details PM me and I will send you the contact details - don't want to be seen to be advertising here!!! ;)

Buter
14th Jul 2004, 10:28
Hi milkman, check your PM's