PDA

View Full Version : Tanzanis accomodation

poorwanderingwun
12th Jul 2004, 07:17
Any advice welcome on accomodation in Tanzania...
Am heading that way to go banging on doors looking for some flying...have a lot of hours mostly turbo-prop but don't expect to be 'snapped up' as I'm sure there are plenty of others looking....anyone out there that can recommend a cheap way to survive while awaiting that magical opening ? Like everyone else I don't have limitless funds...
Thanks for any suggestions...PWW

swoz
12th Jul 2004, 11:31
dunno anything about accomodation in tanzania but namibia, zambia and botswana have heaps of fairly cheap backpackers and/or campsites... been surviving on those for the past five months... in case you've got the right experience, airwaves in lusaka, zambia is looking for a be1900 captain...

poorwanderingwun
13th Jul 2004, 08:27
Thank U 4 That swoz...I'll try for an e-mail address.... : )

juliettepapa
13th Jul 2004, 09:25
Hi guys;

You have a cheap one called Jambo guest house and Econolodge in the same street. Between 9 and 15 dollars a night and pretty close of the Civil aviation authority.But to get to the airport you have to use Daladala.Little van with 20 people on board.about a dollar to get to the airport.

Good luck.

cpt hamna sheeda
13th Jul 2004, 18:03
Try the Holiday Hotel, near the old busstation. Or the youth hostel next to the post office.

Good luck

perceval
15th Jul 2004, 14:57
accomodationwise , get hold of a lonely planet guide .plenty good adresses for boarding , food ...in it .
for the rest , give us a call when you get there .mobile is 0748603152 .based in arusha .good luck.