PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Airbus questions!

3202b
11th Jul 2004, 15:50
Hey guys first post here - I'm an Airbus (319/320/321) addict and will be training for my ATPL hopefully next year! :D. Hopefully one day I will fly the bus but i'm more than willing to fly anything. I just have a few questions about the Airbus I have been wondering about, I would be very greatful if somebody could fill in these blanks for me!

1. Packs
Ok when are the packs switched on and off ie boarding, engine startup, takeoff, landing and shutdown.

2. APU and external power
Is external power needed to start the APU or can the APU be started independently?

3. Flaps
How do you decide what flap is used for takeoff or landing (obviously runway length etc) but is there something to refer to on how you decide?

4. What is the max detent of the spoilers in flight?

5. FLEX and TOGA
What conditions are FLEX not to be used in?

6. Wing Anti Ice
I know you are not allowed to land or takeoff with it on so what conditions would you use the wing anti ice in?

7. Autobreaks
What autobreak setting is preferred..even on a long runway is MED sometimes used to vacate quickly?

8. Selected/managed climb/descent
How often is selected v/s used in the climb or descent when ATC gives you different altitude restrictions..would you ammend the FMS altitude constriction and continue managed or just do it selected down or up to the new altitude!

9. What do the following stand for?
VLS (Vertical lowest selectable speed)?
VAPP (Vertical Approach speed)?

10. Approach speeds
For example 160 to 4dme is given to pilots after 4 DME is VAPP selected straight off with flaps as required?

VLS>>is this the landing speed, what is the difference between this and VAPP?

11. Could you guys give me some examples of cost indexes for charter and scheduled airlines.

12. Does anybody have any real checklists they could send or type up as an example of what they would be.

Thanks for your time..im just interested in this sort of thing (especially as I am stuck with Flight Simulator until i begin flying for real!)

:ok:

AIRWAY
11th Jul 2004, 16:06
Hello,

Im sure you will get heaps of replies from the Airbus Pro's, but here's a website, and keep it for future reference AirbusDriver (http://www.airbusdriver.net) check the website and i bet you will get the majority of your questions answered.

:ok:

3202b
11th Jul 2004, 21:24
Thanks!, would be great to get some of these questions answered!