PDA

View Full Version : Does it help to be born in Far East?

student-mork
11th Jul 2004, 11:19
Hi all, Im a low hours recently JAA CPL/IR with MCC same as every other "resting" wannabe pilot straight out of the factory. I look at my cv and at those of my friends and we are all much of a muchness, so naturally Im trying to see if theres anything in my background thatll give me any kind of edge in getting my foot in the door. The best I can come up with is that I was born and raised in HK. I know its a bit necky, but is there any chance that this fluke of birth will help?
Appreciate any constructive input/advice

Cypher
11th Jul 2004, 12:54
See if you can get right of abode in Hong Kong..

if you can..get yer @rse to HK ASAP.. cause chances are you probably will get into Dragon or Cathay..

A mate of mine did this about a year ago and is now flying the A320 for Dragon... as he was born in HK.
I asked him what the f#ck he was doing in the NZ General Aviation scene flying a clapped out twin after I learnt he was born in Hong Kong..

Colonel W E Kurtz
12th Jul 2004, 16:11
Beacause you were born in hk you are entittled to the cathay cadet pilot course. with your qualifications you should get in, and be flying a 744 or 340 as an so in a couple of years as an s/o.

student-mork
12th Jul 2004, 16:30
Wow, Im really taken aback at such a positive response, thanks Cypher. You too Col Kurtz, by the way, watch out for Willard, I hear he has an axe to grind with you!