PDA

View Full Version : Cope Thunder

Captain Kirk
11th Jul 2004, 09:30
Anyone know how the Indian AF got on at CT? I'm interested after recently reading a link that showed how they upset the applecart against the Spams on a recent Ex in India - I'm led to believe that well flown Su-30s and Mig-29s put a dent in some well entrenched complacency.

Just as importantly, I hope they had enough rates to get down to the Howling Dog!

Fox3snapshot
11th Jul 2004, 16:31
They are certainly on their way to Cope and I guess there by now, processed the Jags and their IL78's a couple of weeks back enroute to Qatar then all points west.

Good-on-em! They gave the F15's a bit of a slapping recently with Sukhoi's and Mig's.

:ouch:

Exmil
12th Jul 2004, 09:31
The SPAMS never seem to learn. Don't know how the IAF got on, but 10 years ago (even in a pile of sh!^e F3) unloaded 8 Mx and a gun into a pretty formation of F15s who said we couldn't do that because they had swept ahead of the mud package and as it was santitised were on their way home. On the ramp, a S-J F15E had to ask us "Where are you from?". When answered "The Royal Air Force", F15E driver said "Which Royal Air Force?". Then asked (whilst looking at F3) "What are you flying and what do you carry?" Doh! After 3 days of giving them a good kicking twice a day the USAF detcom took them on one side and gave them all a bolly.

If they've managed to sort out the weapon system and tactics they will be a handful.

Wonder if they take part in the world crud champs?