PDA

View Full Version : Police Chasing Helicopter in the Sydney area

belly tank
11th Jul 2004, 08:37
Qoute:

"Police in outer western Sydney are apparently hot on the trail of a turbine helicopter and it's occupants, involved in several alleged unauthorised landings and takeoffs from the southernmost edge of Prospect Reservoir Friday 9th July, around 3pm.

The helicopter has apparently been sighted by Sydney Water security officers at the Reservoir on numerous earlier dates, allegedly doing the same thing as it did yesterday.

Security officers have apparently had to unlock three gates to get to the area where the machine sets down, only to have it become airborne before they can get to it to speak to the pilot. Security have provided certain distinct identification marks and other details relating to the helicopter to the investigating Police, and the officers are now following up on that information. The Police believe they may soon be able to positively identify the aircraft. The Police have spoken to numerous industry persons, and have even interviewed air traffic controllers re possible radio transmissions, and radar returns emitted by the aircraft in the area."

Original Source unknown i found it on another thread not in this forum

cheers BT

pa42
11th Jul 2004, 15:15
Tsk, tsk, so the Planet Destroying Mystery Helicopter Landings are occurring down under, too, as well as in the USA. Pity those alien beings have to desecrate sacred ground so flagrantly; thank goodness we have rabid mad-dog Rambo-clone police swat teams in both hemispheres to pursue the evildoers. What gall! To land a helicopter on public or private lands so far from persons and property that the near-victims can only say:

"Who was that masked man?"

ptwaugh
12th Jul 2004, 22:02
In these days and times however, one might be concerned about security and terrorism. Perhaps a location away from such a potential target would have been a better choice for this pilot.

On the other hand, who knows... he might have merely landed due to a concerning reading, and then left before he was the wiser.

belly tank
12th Jul 2004, 22:34
PT WAUGH

"APPARENTLY" This pilot and helicopter have been doing this for a while with suspicious behaviour...this is why the police are eager to have question time with the person or personell involved. the rego is known however they cannot pinpoint the pilot

this is all i know from quite a reliable source.

cheers

spinwing
13th Jul 2004, 07:28
New South Wales "wallopers" might be better off trying to find out if they "were or were not" chasing an aboriginal kid in Redfern just before he died!! ...

:O :O

Ascend Charlie
18th Jul 2004, 10:00
Sorry to drag this one out of obscurity, but I have been away and missed it.

There is actually a marked helipad in the picnic area as described - nice round white circle and all.

I have landed there many times, but mostly on Water Board work or for the Blue Suit Aviation Company (the aforementioned wallopers.) Never raised an eyebrow before, but that was well before 11/9 .

If the angry people have a rego, it should be fairly simple to trace the driver, via CASA or the flying school which owns it.

belly tank
18th Jul 2004, 22:32
Hi Charlie!

I beleive they have a rego, well i know for a fact they have a rego but it was a private hire so they are looking for the driver. i havnt heard anything in the last week or so.

see ya BT

rotaryman
19th Jul 2004, 09:35
Seems like a lot of BS if you ask me!

How hard is it to track down who the heck private hired on a given day? Duhhhhhh:mad: :}

SLBAGAGE
19th Jul 2004, 12:04
Good one 'spinwing'........what the f#*$ does that have to do with this thread.
Make you political syatements elsewhere.

Squeezer!

eagle 86
20th Jul 2004, 05:58
Concur SLBAGAGE, but be careful you'll get yourself edited!
GAGS
E86