PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else waiting for 2nd Interview result ?

WaldoPepper
11th Jul 2004, 03:38
I attended the final interview at the beginning of June and am still waiting for a result. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same situation ?

Some of the other candidates who were interviewed with me were told a week later that they were not successful, but each time i've phoned tell me they still have no answer for me as yet and to just hang on.

Is no news good news ?

WP

kinex
11th Jul 2004, 03:53
Are u applying for Cadets or D/E position?

WaldoPepper
11th Jul 2004, 04:49
Sorry, I should have said that earlier. The position is for direct entry second officer.

WP

The Riddler
11th Jul 2004, 11:41
WP,

Check your PM's...

wakehead
11th Jul 2004, 20:14
Hey WP,
I may have been at the interview with you. Were you there for the interview from 1-3 june?
I was lucky enough to get the nod with a start in December on the 744. I do know of another fellow country man who got in with a start in October.
Best of luck and I hope the result is a positive one!:ok:

WaldoPepper
11th Jul 2004, 23:32
hi wakehead,

yes i was there 1-3 june. the other guys were told no straight away and i am still waiting. it's killing me !

fwong007
12th Jul 2004, 01:04
Waldo, look at it this way, no news is definitely good news... at least you're still in the running...

wakehead
12th Jul 2004, 09:53
Waldo,
Gees mate. Holding thumbs!!Let us know. Definately, no news is good news.
How many of the guys didn't make it?

flyingcrazy
12th Jul 2004, 10:15
Waldo,
Hang in there, mate. Good news is coming...

:ok: FC

WaldoPepper
14th Jul 2004, 04:25
Wakehead,

The other Aussie didn't make it, and only 1 out the 3 Americans did.

send me a PM with your email and I'll tell all that i know.

WP

twang2004
24th Jul 2004, 20:11
Hey guys i am going for the second interview in Sept any tips you could throw at me. Also did you have to fast or do any thing special for the medical.
Thanks in advance
Twang'n it

WaldoPepper
25th Jul 2004, 03:56
Twang,

No need to fast for the medical, the blood test is to check for HIV.

The only tips I can give are those which are already posted everywhere in this section. Just know Handling the Big Jets (cover to cover) and the Captain XYZ interview notes.

Study the aircraft you fly now, and compare it's systems with those of the airbus and the 747. I was asked a lot of these types of questions.

Be yourself and try to relax.

Good Luck

WP

P.S. I started this thread with no news, but have since been told i was successful and start in a few months.

MinimaNoContact
27th Jul 2004, 03:16
Congrats waldo :ok: Good news!

How many hours did you have when you interviewed? P1, turbine etc? And what type of a/c you were flying.

I'm still 300 away from the 3000 mark and curious as to what sort of hrs guys have when being called for interviews.

Cheers,
MNC