PDA

View Full Version : Two countries at once

Banjo
10th Jul 2004, 19:59
Wonder if anyone can help answer a question for me, While looking through this months 'Rotor & Wing' I found a picture of a Bond helicopter that appeared to have two registrations on it at the same time.

A French 'F' reg on the engine cowls and a British 'G' reg on the body of the craft. Was just interested in how an aircraft can be on both countries registers at once. Sorry if this is a silly question just never come across it before.

Bravo 99 (AJB)
11th Jul 2004, 09:02
I am in aberdeen at the mo and the machine in the picture i think is the 332L2 of Bonds flying around there.

i can only asume the picture was taken at the time the machine was due for delivery to the uk from france during or ready for the transit flight but it is the only thing i can think of

sincerely

Bravo 99 (AJB)

ppng
11th Jul 2004, 09:51
When an aircraft is wheeled off the assembly line it is put on F-reg. 'trade plates' for test flying. To save time it will also have the customized paint job, including final registration, but this will be obscured until the keys are handed over. When the customer signs the cheque, 'hey presto' the registration changes from F- to G- (or whatever).

Banjo
12th Jul 2004, 17:34
thanks, was just interested to know as not seen before.

Staticdroop
14th Jul 2004, 13:51
Bravo 99 (AJB)
have you been lucky enough to get work in the Dallas of the North or are you still lokking.
If you are who i think you are, you rang me last year about work.
Anyway good luck if you have.;)