PDA

View Full Version : MYT218 Emergency Landing

timharrison
10th Jul 2004, 11:39
Hi Guys, Does anybody know anything about a MyTravel flight (Greece-Man) last night that had to make an emergency landing in northern Italy due to an engine failure?

Tim

RAT 5
10th Jul 2004, 11:53
tim,

Curious, but I was inbound PSA last night, when to be told by upstairs ATC, that PSA had an emergency; delay unknown. Later on, with lower level ATC, same story. Then suddenly, the airport was open and we continued in. Handling agent had no idea and knew of no emergency or airport closure. Strange! or just Italian reaction at a mixed civil/military field?
No MYT a/c in sight.

Lucky for us we had 30 mins extra fuel to consider our options. Had we been on bean counter's minimum it would have been an immeadiate peel off into somewhere else. Unknown delays on minimum motion lotion is a definite health risk.

barbiegirl
10th Jul 2004, 14:04
i heard from someone who was a pax it was actually an air scandic aircraft

timharrison
10th Jul 2004, 14:14
Must have been a different flight, my sister was on MYT218

RoyHudd
10th Jul 2004, 14:27
Let the press say what they will, MyTravel/Airtours have an extremely good safety record.

Ringwayman
10th Jul 2004, 15:10
Air Scandic did operate the MYT217 so it's a fair assumption to say it was coming back to MAN on the MYT218 (in the afternoon, that aircraft did a Thomas Cook service) :8

Special Limitation
10th Jul 2004, 15:22
I was due to come back on the AGP-MAN this morning with SCY and the flight was cancelled, very unusual for a charterer to cancel high season so it looks like they are an A/C down.

AIRBOY
10th Jul 2004, 16:00
i had auntie and uncle on myt flight yesterday goin to IBZ but had to return due to engine failure, is this the same incident?

Ipaq
10th Jul 2004, 16:26
It was Air Scandic doing a sub-charter- landed in Pescara.

G-MANN
10th Jul 2004, 17:12
There was no engine failure on the IBZ at all.

Holding Short
10th Jul 2004, 17:45
Hi,

It was Air Scandik flight. They had an engine fire indication on number 1 engine. They had a short in the fire detection loop. There was no actual fire, but guys did a good job.:ok:

master slug
10th Jul 2004, 23:27
MYT chartered a Spanair today to pick up delayed pax ex-Man from Greece.

So says the slug....