PDA

View Full Version : Air Cadets Tandem Tudor movie & pics

Bre901
8th Jul 2004, 21:22
Nice pics of a restored Air Cadets Tandem Tutor (http://www.gliding4life.com/english.htm) (XE790 - in Holland)
Go to the photos page, then click on Archief (Sorry, couldn't link to it). I liked the ones in the snow

There is also a video of dune hang-gliding on the video page (http://www.gliding4life.com/films_en.htm)

Edited for a huge typo. Thanks Flying Lawyer :O :O
Trouble is I cannot correct the typo in the thread title anymore.
Now if a not too busy Moderator happens to see this, the correction would be appreciated :ok:

SPIT
8th Jul 2004, 21:50
Even though I was SH*****G myself I will never forget my First Solo in one of them at RAF BURTONWOOD. (thats giving my age away??) These gliders were so forgiving :D :D

Flying Lawyer
9th Jul 2004, 00:16
I think it's called the Tandem Tutor.

Tudor ;)

wub
9th Jul 2004, 09:26
Good pics, thanks for the link. The first time I flew one of these beasts I couldn't believe how quickly it came back down to earth, and I soloed on a Slingsby Prefect!

henry crun
9th Jul 2004, 10:30
wub, If you couldn't believe how quickly it came back down to earth, then you would be flabbergasted at the rate of descent of it's predecessor, the Mk1 Cadet. ;)

JW411
9th Jul 2004, 11:19
I once managed to do a 1 hour flight in my old Mk.1!

Tiger_mate
9th Jul 2004, 11:20
I flew the Mk 3 lots, and cannot remember the need to keep the spoilers deployed all the way to the ground once. Either that or I am paranoid about groundrush, but the T21 had said spoilers out to the ground on most landings.

Very appropriate thread for this forum I think, and nice to see one still flying. My favourite XA282 apparently hangs at Carnarvon Air Museum, must travel up there one day.

T_M
635VGS 75-77

shortstripper
11th Jul 2004, 13:18
I have one :O

But it's being converted to fly as a single seat T31m motor glider. It's not been a fast build project but will get there eventually :D

SS

JW411
11th Jul 2004, 15:34
I am guilty of a terminalogical inexactitude; after due consultation with glider log book it was actually 58 minutes on 13.09.75.

I apologise for the exaggeration but I do remember coming down with a very wet and cold head. The lift that day was so strong that I overtook the chassis of an old farm tractor in the thermal.