PDA

View Full Version : Revenge : The Nigerian Air Force Way !

Gunship
8th Jul 2004, 17:21
Nigerian Air Force officers stabbed and beat up 26 police officers, cracking their skulls and breaking their limbs in a two-day revenge rampage for the shooting of an airman, police said on Thursday. :}

Scores of Air Force officers outside a barracks in the commercial capital Lagos attacked any police officier who passed by on Tuesday and Wednesday, a police spokesperson said.

One policeman was shot in the leg, police said, and the airmen used rifles, knives and hammers.

They were avenging the killing of an airman who was shot dead by police after a group of Air Force personnel allegedly tried to stop detectives from arresting suspected criminals near the barracks, he said.

"Three of 26 police men on admission in hospital were on the danger list yesterday, I don't know if they are still alive," the spokesperson said.

Clashes between the military, who ruled the country for 15 years until 1999, and the poorly paid and ill-equipped police force are frequent in Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation. :uhoh:

Solid Rust Twotter
8th Jul 2004, 17:40
...And we're surprised because......?:( :mad:

8th Jul 2004, 21:32
...And we're surprised because......?

I certainly am surprised. Never heard of
" Air Force brutality....."

Islander Jock
9th Jul 2004, 15:49
Three of 26 police men on admission in hospital were on the danger list yesterday, I don't know if they are still alive," the spokesperson said.

I would have thought that anyone admitted to a Lagos hospital would by default make it onto the danger list :}

chuks
10th Jul 2004, 17:53
It's not uncommon in Nigeria for someone to hire a competing group of cops to see off the ones being troublesome. It can be very useful to have friends in high places, when one call on a mobile telephone can bring instant relief, such as a group of Naval Police to come beat up the Mobile Police. I guess you just need to take a bit of care not to get caught in the middle.

ou Trek dronkie
18th Jul 2004, 21:19
Which Air Farce you referring to man ???

oTd

MercenaryAli
18th Jul 2004, 22:52
Old proverb - " You can take the African out of the jungle but you cannot take the jungle out of the African" - 'nuff said!

B Sousa
20th Jul 2004, 18:17
Hey Ali........They havent left yet, but World Airways has a direct flight to your doorstep from Lagos.
The good liberals of Amerika are welcoming them to your neighborhood..........

Alfred Kamara
21st Jul 2004, 07:12
sorry if I laught at this but this is the "Nigerian Way"

we have a lot of them in west africa and this is bush justice their way.

when they send troops to west africa conflict areas like Salone - half of them stayed behind running drugs, taxis and so on. the others that left , left with a lot of our woman and are used as slaves in Nigeria.

rthe world will not blink an eye for that -they say it is africa tough .....

Atlanta-Driver
22nd Jul 2004, 17:34
Africa is a tough continent:}

mini
22nd Jul 2004, 18:28
Caught a pick pocket in the act in an African capital once, caught him square with my response, retrieved my cash, by the time he came around the Police had arrived, arrested him, brought me to the Station to witness his punishment - they broke all his fingers...

Many similar incidents re African Justice.

Whatever...

MercenaryAli
28th Jul 2004, 12:06
....and if we did that here and more! this country would be a safer place and not many pickpockets would have both sets of fingers broken! They tend to get the message pretty early on!...