PDA

View Full Version : Question for VC-10 peeps??

ppf
8th Jul 2004, 12:40
Quick question, just watched 2 VC-10s playing follow my leader (guessing there is a technical term?!) over the Moray Firth they looked like they were flying fairly close together. They both came in over Kinloss with 1 breaking to do a touch and go then climbing out following the other 1 to the south.

Any ideas why they would be flying like that, just curios?

ppf ;)

BEagle
8th Jul 2004, 13:05
Accompanied let-down. Part of the basic AAR course to teach operation both as wingman and as leader.

And because they can!

ppf
8th Jul 2004, 15:12
Thanks Beags,

Must say it did look very immpressive so thanks to the crew for the show!!

ppf :D

6foottanker
8th Jul 2004, 16:39
Bit more fun the AT. Specially if you get a bit too close!:sad:

MrBernoulli
9th Jul 2004, 20:45
BEags is absolutely right on this one PPF!

It was an accompanied letdown and the entire pairs climb out from Brize (snake-climb as it is called in the VC10 world) and the cell formation AAR off Aberdeen was initiated for the re-training of a returning VC10 aircrew member.

Who knows .... I may have even been flying one of the aircraft?

Art Field
9th Jul 2004, 20:59
Delighted to see it is still going on. Not only is it good training, its good fun and there seems to be little enough of that around these days. It is also amazing how many members of the public notice it and remark favourably.:ok: :ok:

ppf
9th Jul 2004, 21:06
Thanks chaps for the replies! It’s not every day you see two 'airliners' flying in close-ish formation and I got a great view from the dunes in Findhorn!

What are the chances of scheduling more of this flying around the Moray Firth area out of interest!?! I don't limit this request to just the VC-10 world, any fly bys would be greatly appreciated!

ppf :p