PDA

View Full Version : Airline USA

Groundloop
8th Jul 2004, 12:05
Don't know if this is really the correct forum - but if it isn't it will get moved anyway!

I have not seen anything about the new TV series "Airline USA" on here. It's similar to the "EasyJet" Airline series but is about Southwest Airlines.

What is most amazing about it is Southwest's customer service. If flights are delayed or connections missed passengers are given hotel vouchers. Yes, Southwest apparently honours connections.

There was also one incident shown were a passenger was refused boarding because others complained he smelled. He was asked to go and have a good wash, was provided with clean trousers and t-shirt and a meal voucher (as he had to wait for a later flight)!

Next time MOL spouts off that Ryanair use the "Southwest Model" I now know, as long suspected, that he is talking b*ll*cks as usual!

In case anyone is interested it is on ITV1 in the afternoons. I taped it, sad b*st*rd!

PaperTiger
8th Jul 2004, 15:04
If flights are delayed or connections missed passengers are given hotel vouchers.Only if there's a TV crew present.

er82
8th Jul 2004, 15:22
Watched it the other day and couldn't stop laughing. And I'll probably get shot down for saying this, but if I was ever a passenger on one of their flights and had to put up with all the rubbish that came from the cabin crew, I'd most likely want to jump out of the a/c at 10,000ft with no parachute.
On a trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas, the cabin staff tried getting all the pax to play games, sing happy birthday etc etc.
I personally like nothing more than being able to sit back and relax without having some lady singing to me (and rather badly) over the PA!!!

elgan
8th Jul 2004, 16:06
I think its great!
Its much more interesting than our UK version, pity its on a 2pm slot, should be on at 5pm i feel

bmibaby.com
8th Jul 2004, 20:32
I have to agree that the US version is far more interesting than the UK one, and I'm really surprised that ITV have given it such an unusual slot, because I've really been enjoying the last two episodes - will miss tomorrows sadly!

The way that the LAX customer service agent helped that elderly couple today deserved some kind of award, he was sweet, compassionate and way above call. And, its not hammed up for the cameras, as a frequent Southwest passenger for the last 15 years, the culture and service there is magnificent.

Ryanair shame SW by saying they're modelling Southwest. Business model - yes. Customer service - no.

alterego
9th Jul 2004, 14:06
Saw this for the first time today. Have a couple of friends who fly there and they enjoy it.

Not sure if customer service is as good off camera but at least the person you talk to seems able and willing to sort things out straight away.