PDA

View Full Version : PDG Helicopters Naughty

Daysleeper
8th Jul 2004, 08:06
Advice on this gratefully received.

I was out hillwalking the other day in the central scottish highlands when I came across a dump of Jet A-1 drums. They are on Forestry Commission Land and are probably left over from the last bit of work that was done there. They are empty or almost empty and are in the open having been there over a year (I know because I was there last year) The Drums are beginning to degrade, one has rolled into a boggy marsh and rusted through. So what to do. Call the company or call the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency?

misterbonkers
8th Jul 2004, 08:34
From what I understand, it is common practice for companies operating in those remote areas to have such fuel dumps available so their pilots can get fuel if required. These dumps are known to the ops department and marked on pilots maps.

I have heard there have been problems with people finding them and stealing the fuel so this used dupm that you came across may not be as the result of a PDG helicopter uplifting and leaving the empties to rot away.

I suggest you get in touch with PDG and at least give them the chance to do something about it.

Cheers

crew chief
10th Jul 2004, 17:34
Hi there Daysleeper

I work for Pdg and was interested to see your post regarding the barrels you found.

Unfortunately we sometimes can loose track of some of our barrels. This doesn't sound like a permenant "dump" so i would be greatfull if you could furnish a grid ref; lat/long, or even the name of this forest so we could rectify this problem.

Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem.

Regards

Crew Chief

DeltaFree
12th Jul 2004, 01:13
PDG...any jobs going?

Bladerunner
12th Jul 2004, 10:50
Only picking up fuel barrels !!

DeltaFree
13th Jul 2004, 13:11
Cool, I can do that!

crew chief
13th Jul 2004, 16:48
sorry no jobs going that i know of at the moment but keep an eye on the PDG website.

If you have a spare mo though you could grab those barrels for us!!

Cheers