PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Flight Planning

beerlover
8th Jul 2004, 04:34
Hi there just wondering if anybody uses the jeppesen flight planning program for IFR in Australia and if they would mind burning a copy for me.

beerlover

dudduddud
8th Jul 2004, 05:33
Sure thing, just have a look here. (http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf)

Fission
10th Jul 2004, 03:30
Beerlover,

I don't have a copy but the last time I was talking with the Jepp reps, they hadn't managed to get it to communicate with NAIPS.

There are 2 others, made by Command software and Champagne software that do connect electronically for submissions and weather .

Fizzy

beerlover
12th Jul 2004, 00:52
Thanks fizzy, we use Command Flight Planner but it always has a few little problems and I have head that jepp one is very good except for the naips link.

Fission
12th Jul 2004, 02:23
We also use Command and whilst we were running it under Win 98 with 3year old machines there were a lot of tears.

We now have XP / new machines and it's a lot more stable.
Still has a couple of issues that prevent it from being a real Professional package - ask any of our pilots. :)

They prefer to sit at a machine rather than use the standard plans - maybe so they have somewhere to drink coffee....

The Jepp one is VERY good :) - they were trying to get it to interface with NAIPS about 18 months ago, I gave up phoning as they kept saying ' out in a couple of months'

Fizzy

High Altitude
12th Jul 2004, 04:39
Dude if yanna wanna pirate something don't advertise!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Smith
13th Jul 2004, 11:19
If beer lover really is from Canberra, Well they are a law unto themselves aren't they