PDA

View Full Version : Transiting in Franfurt

Irishwingz
7th Jul 2004, 22:06
Folks

I'm not aircrew, but I'll have to kill 5 hours in Franfurt later this year waiting on my flight back out Ireland after i get in from Singapore.

I hear there's a strip club there, that should take up some time :E :8 but are there any other amenities like fitness centre, pool etc I'm travelling economy by the way so no posh lounges for me :{

Cheers

Wingz:}

Hostie from Hell
8th Jul 2004, 09:30
10 minutes way from the airport is the village of Kelsterbach.

If its a nice day you may want to check out the outdoor pool there.

As for the "Strip Club", think someone is having you on:)
There is a Club located underground near the train station but I am unaware that its of the "strip" kind:D

nef
8th Jul 2004, 10:06
You could take the train into Frankfurt itself if you want - the train goes from the airport train station to Frankfurt main station pretty frequently. The journey takes about 10-15 minutes. I had a 5 hour layover at FRA a couple of months ago and did this with no problem.

The only thing I would say is, if you do leave the airport, make sure you leave plenty of time on your return to pass through security as it can take a while.

I think there is a "spotters" terrace at FRA if you're into that kind of thing, but I think I heard somewhere it was getting closed down soon.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
9th Jul 2004, 17:26
The underground club is the "Dorian Gray", ideal if you're in to banging house and industrial tekno. Scantily clad clientele but nothing seedy.

tom de luxe
12th Jul 2004, 00:21
The Dorian Gray has been closed for some time now. Your place for all things house and/or techno is U60311 (?), located in an abondoned underground railway tunnel in the city centre. Or XXLiving (occupies the basement of the European Central Bank's building) for some Eurotrash and Frankfurt Bankers dancing under the influence.

So the lowdown is that there is no club / disco in FRA (on site, that is) at this time. Unless you count the bar of the Sheraton airport hotel. You shouldn't;) .