7th Jul 2004, 21:18
Who are they?

What do they do?

Hempy
7th Jul 2004, 21:39
Boyd Munro's lobby group

OBJECTIVES OF AIR SAFETY AUSTRALIA

.To increase the safety of aviation in Australia
.To influence legislation in a manner which improves safety, increases flexibility, and reduces costs
.To provide a well-researched, rationally-presented, forcefully argued voice for pilots in Parliament
.To give Parliament confidence that what ASA presents to Parliament as the view of Australia's pilots really IS the view of Australia's pilots
.To work with government, CASA and AirServices to communicate the benefits of proposed legislative changes so that genuinely beneficial change is welcomed, not resisted
.To defend the right of any pilot who is accused of an offence to be tried by a Court if he/she wishes
.To co-operate with other aviation organisations pursuing the same goals as AIR SAFETY AUSTRALIA

edit. From Air Safety Australia (http://airsafety.com.au/about.htm)

Knockout
7th Jul 2004, 22:48
Whould it be advisable to join this group or not?

Adamastor
8th Jul 2004, 04:50
IMHO, likes to think of itself as "the new AOPA", but is just another self-aggrandising nutjob's effort at creating a faction in an already splintered industry. On that basis I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot barge pole, mind you, I'm also one of the people who handed in their AOPA membership after they botched NAS. I've come to suspect that the only person who'll look after you, is you!

Chris Higgins
14th Jul 2004, 04:25
It's always good to have consensus on anything. Nice to play Lone Ranger, but it's better to have people call your faults and help you fix things that are out of your reach too.