PDA

View Full Version : K-Mode exception not handled

BOAC
6th Jul 2004, 10:53
W2000 SP4: just installed birthday presents of wireless k/board, optical mouse and flat-screen monitor (sad, I know!) - Logitech board and mouse and AOC monitor - and on next boot, the dreaded blue screen with this message.

I managed to boot into the last good config and all is ok, and have looked on Google. What exactly is a k-mode and an exception to it please?

Incidentally I tried first to 'repair' W2000 but I was informed that ntoskrnl.exe could not be found - in the folder it was in!!

Naples Air Center, Inc.
6th Jul 2004, 15:40
BOAC,

If a Repair with the Win2k CD does not fix the ntoskrnl.exe, you could try to add the file back in (even though it is already there) by using the Recovery Console.

If that does not work, then it is time to do a fresh install of Win2k on top of itself.

Take Care,

Richard

BOAC
6th Jul 2004, 17:03
Noted, thanks, NAC - it is tempting to leave it now it is working again! - until it is too late and needed again, of course:{

Have tracked down the K-mode problem as far as some extra software with the monitor. I understand it derives from driver problems, so I'll make sure the video side is up-to-date.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
6th Jul 2004, 17:07
BOAC,

Make sure you have all the latest Drivers and do keep backing up your Data regularly. ;)

Take Care,

Richard