PDA

View Full Version : Problems with MSN messanger and firewall

HelenD
5th Jul 2004, 18:47
I have been having problems signing up with MSN messanger since Friday. Thursday all was ok but Friday I could not get it to sign in, I let it auto sign in. I have not changed any settings.
I decided after I could not get it to sign in I would see if my firewall on my router could be causing the problem. I removed the final block all on the outbound set its (one I have that if nothing else tests it catches the remainder) removing it allows msn to sign in. I decided to add allow items for anything my block all came up with arround the time of signing in to msn and I made sure they were considerd before the block.I then put the block back and still no joy any ideas on how I can sort this without permenatly removing my default block, I have added rules to my firewall for anything msn related I can find like port 443, 6901, 1863 569 and the ip adresses 207.46.104.20 207.46.104.24 and 65.54.183.192 which I believe to be MSN addresses but still no joy.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
6th Jul 2004, 02:30
HelenD,

With MSN Messenger you want to setup Port Forwarding for 6901 & 6891-6900. (I am sure there could be more ports needing to be opened too.)

Take Care,

Richard

OzPax1
6th Jul 2004, 23:26
Helen,
I have been receiving complaints about this since Monday this week at work. On investigation with MSN europe and MS UK it was "server issues". Make of that what you will...! Nowt more was forcomoing...! :mad: