PDA

View Full Version : C-310R Assymetric TAS

Billacabella
5th Jul 2004, 08:49
I cannot find any info in the POH regarding 1-Inop airspeeds for the C-310R.
Can someone please advise on where i would find the data. Some actual (experience) figures would be helpful too.

Billa

404 Titan
5th Jul 2004, 09:30
Billacabella

You’re not going to find any data, as there is no requirement for the manufacturers to publish any or flight-test it. I went through this exact problem in 1999-2000 when CASA mandated all AOC holders to show how they would operate internationally with these types of aircraft if they wanted an international AOC. When I told them that there was no proven data available they seemed surprised. Pretty typical knee jerk reaction from CASA because some clown found himself low on fuel over water. I don’t have the figures anymore but I think I used the fuel flow from the asymmetric climb performance graph and from personal experience working on a TAS of about 120Kts for the C310R. It was agreed by CASA and other operators of similar aircraft to be conservative safe figures.

Cloud Whisperer
7th Jul 2004, 10:20
The method used in the other two posts was much the same as was used for our Ops Manual. So long as you can explain your method and it seems safe, you will have a winner when nothing else is available.

Our figures we use for the C310R were based on;
* the sea level, MTOW - 106 knots (POH fig 5-16)
* full throttle fuel flow at our highest LSALT of 6000' - 73 lt/hr (POH fig 5-27).

But if you look at the cruise performance charts (POH 5-21), the fuel flow at 6000', 23C and 74% power is 59 lt/hr. This fuel flow is lower and probably the power you would use to cruise on one engine, unless you wanted to pull out the POH for the two engine inoperative glide speed:uhoh:

These were designed to be conservative (and safe!?).

Hope that helps.
CW

PS: If you are doing the endorsement a thought. On those long range, overwater trips with full mains and auxs, think carefully about NOT FOLLOWING the POH Normal Procedures to run the mains for 90 minutes (for our a/c anyway) before selecting the auxiliary tanks!! Do keep those mains topped up from the aux tanks, even if it means swapping back to the mains halfway through, then back to the mains after you have made some airspace. I think that procedure was for those pilots that could not manage the fuel system properly. An engine failure and all that fuel in the auxiliary tank that cannot be used:eek: :{
PSS: do check with the operator as to their procedures regarding using aux tank fuel