PDA

View Full Version : FS2000 Problem

G-MANN
4th Jul 2004, 20:16
I Have just tried to reinstall FS2000 on to my pc but i keep getting an error

"FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2000 MODULE HAS EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM"

Disk 3 has not been asked for during the installation process and i cant remember if that is supposed to happen.

The program has been installed a number of times, even to a different directory but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am running XP

Thanks

G-MANN

timmcat
4th Jul 2004, 22:06
I cannot help on this particular issue, but strongly suggest you upgrade to a later version of MSFS. 2000 was the worst version ever, even 98 is better! You will get a much better frame rate on 2002, and if you have a reasonably fast machine, 2004 is a worthwhile upgrade.

G-MANN
4th Jul 2004, 22:51
Got FS2002 but disc 3 cannot be read for some reason hence the reluctant reinstallation of FS2000.

I can't understand how files can be corrupted on an original disk!!!!

G-MANN

Naples Air Center, Inc.
5th Jul 2004, 16:34
G-MANN,

There might be something in your Windows Registry not allowing you to complete the install.

If you are running an Anti Virus Program, turn it off during the install. Also make sure the User Account that you are installing under has Administrator Privileges.

Take Care,

Richard

BoeingBoy
5th Jul 2004, 21:22
G-Mann,

After uninstalling the sim, have you tried deleting the holding folder under program files/MSgames/FS2000 or similar. Whilst the uninstaller should have removed this I find that because it's used by other programs it often remains, your trouble might be some old files lurking there.

Try deleting that and then try a fresh install.