PDA

View Full Version : VP- Reg Crew Licence Requirements

loftustb
4th Jul 2004, 20:11
Would be grateful if anyone could tell me what sort of licences are required to fly VP- reg aircraft. I have JAA CPL/ME/IR. Are JAA licences acceptable, or easily convertible, and if so, is it a paperwork exercise of are further checkflights/training required?

Thanks!

Daifly
4th Jul 2004, 21:18
VP-B?? aircraft are Bermudan registered and for that you need to hold either a JAR or FAA Licence.

You need to show currency in the aircraft, by means of course completion certificates or logbook entries. You do need to have a specific Bermudan aircraft type (i.e. a type which is on the Bermudan register) on your licence for it to be validated.

You submit certified copies of your licence - and the information on the aircraft you want added (Bermudan Registration included) - and a couple of days later, so long as you've paid, you get your validation back (note, validation, not licence - obtaining a Bermudan ATPL is different and the details are all on the DCA's website.

That website, with the necessary forms, is www.dca.gov.bm. Sonina Williams is the contact and is very helpful.

As for the other VP-???'s, not entirely sure, but as they're mostly based on CAA Territory Legislation, imagine they are fairly similar.

flufdriver
5th Jul 2004, 20:34
For VP - C (for Cayman) it is much the same as explained for Bermuda,

Expect to provide comprehensive personal logbook and training records that are verifyable.

I believe that most ICAO Licences are considered.

loftustb
6th Jul 2004, 18:42
Thanks Daifly and flufdriver!