PDA

View Full Version : Baby at LBA

higgipop123
3rd Jul 2004, 06:08
Could this be true, Baby flying to CDG same time as Jet2's new CDG route, is this the start of something big and are other routes in mind for Baby from LBA, they do need a German flight .....BADLY.
Tally ho!!

LBAir
4th Jul 2004, 09:39
Rumours are flying hot around LBA about the introduction of BMIBaby flights. I have heard they are looking at starting in November. The introduction of Fokker100 aircraft for this summer, it would appear, is to test the market using larger aircraft.

I have heard that six to eight aircraft will operate from LBA by next summer. At a guess though, many of their flights will be to destinations already opperated by their BMI Regional and mainline ie: CDG, EDI, ORK, JER. I would guess at LHR and GLA would stay with the main company.

The new venture would probaby introduce destinations such as AGP, PMI, IBZ for summer 05.

I think the likelyhood of any propper new destinations from LBA to places such as Germany are more likely to come from JET2 who appear in a much better place to start up new routes, given their apparent success.
:cool:

hotline
7th Jul 2004, 10:06
LBAir,

Interesting stuff. I'd like to see BMI Regional hang on to Edinburgh at least in view of their usual good load factors. Glasgow doesn't usually perform quite as well. As for Mediterranean routes, Jet2 are already pretty much established on the likes of Malaga, Palma and Alicante with their well-documented punctuality and high service standards so Baby may find it difficult to compete. Maybe they'd be better off serving 'new' territory like Ibiza (as you suggest), Bilbao, Bordeaux, Rome and, say, Turin and Salzburg for skiers in the winter.

Maybe even Copenhagen
:rolleyes:

We'll see. A lot of this depends on the availability of parking spaces. If runway 27/09 gets the chop I estimate another seven or eight stands could be added. You never know, LBA might even consider stand number signposts as part of the plan !

;)