PDA

View Full Version : Getting into ATC

Trav737-400
3rd Jul 2004, 02:29
Hi, I was wondering about the recruitment process in regards to becoming an ATC. When do they hire, whats the process, increasing chances getting in etc. Thanks

takeonme
3rd Jul 2004, 08:05
trav mate,

youll find it all on the airservices website.

They hire when guys are needed, the first few rounds of the application are computer based and done over the net. basicaly you get a password and log onto a site and submt the answers online. much like cyber exams except you can do it at home. these exams are on pschycometric stuff, as well as a few maths and english thrown in.

If you get through those you have to go in to the recruitment centre for a day of further testing, then an interview.

Good luck!

T.O.M

Knackers
3rd Jul 2004, 09:16
Or go to the forum in the Civilair (http://www.civilair.asn.au/) site and look up ATC recruitment.

short fielder
3rd Jul 2004, 13:44
Be quick, current applications close on11th July.

QF747-400
4th Jul 2004, 00:50
Do you need any degree qualification to do ATC? I was told that most positions do not require degree's in aviation (In Australia).

If you don't need a degree to get into positions in aviation management, then my other post is answered :O

Roger Standby
5th Jul 2004, 16:08
No degree req'd. HSC/VCE or equivelent with preferences for maths and physics (mainly maths). About half the guys on my course had some flying experience, the rest didn't know the nose from the tail of an aircraft, however that does not seem to effect the success of the student one bit.

Cheers,

R-S.

Trav737-400
6th Jul 2004, 08:59
Thanks for the info guys. Another question though, how many people do they usually take on each course? Thanks.

Knackers
7th Jul 2004, 01:22
Usually about a dozen for the ab initio courses.

They just announced 2 ab initio courses for next year - January and June I think.