PDA

View Full Version : Any helo tours in Paris?

Simon10
2nd Jul 2004, 21:33
I am about to leave to Paris with my family for a few days holiday (the children badly wants to visit Disneyland) late in July.

Being a helopilot I wanted to take me family for a helo ride over city. So I saw a link to a Parisian helo operator doing scheduled tours over Paris, however there is no such info on their bi-lingual website.

Anyone out there knows of any scheduled tours over Paris and want to help a fellow rotorhead?

WhirlyGirl Sarah
2nd Jul 2004, 23:12
Hi Simon,

Try HeliFrance at Issy Heliport (http://www.helifrance.fr/)

I was there the other day. Plenty of helicopters buzzing around. No idea about costs but that link should help.

WGS

helipat
3rd Jul 2004, 08:19
hi,

you can find different kind of heli tours around Paris from the main airports around:
- Le Bourget (North of Paris)
- Saint Cyr l'Ecole (20 minutes W of Paris, just next to the Versailles castle)
- Toussus le Noble (35 minutes drive South West, and no easy transportation)
- Lognes (near EuroDisney, but I'm not sure of what kind of helis they have)

For Issy les Moulineaux (Paris heliport), tour sightseeing are not allowed from this heliport to reduce noise complaints (but you will find package where they are flying you to another airport, have a cocktail for 30 minutes, then fly back again).

From Le Bourget you will have mainly Astar flight as a passenger.
From Saint Cyr l'Ecole, you will have mainly R22 and sometimes non based R44/AlouetteII/Astar
From Toussus le Noble, you will have based R22/R44/Alouette II/Astar but it's a little bit further away from Paris
As a pilot, you can even fly yourself with a flight instructor.

If you need more infos on these two last airports, send me a private mail, I can give you some email of companies or flight school that can propose you some things.

regards

Patrick