PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair logo jets

bacardi walla
2nd Jul 2004, 18:42
With the B737-200's being phased out over the next few months, this will result in the logo jets vanishing. So, does anyone think RYR will paint up some of their -800's in the Jaguar, Hertz or Caffrey's liveries? Personally, I think an -800 painted up in Guiness livery would be worth seeing. Black all over with a cream roof !!

:rolleyes:

Optical Illyushin
2nd Jul 2004, 21:42
How about a PG tips one and we might get our free tea back on the flight deck! (No comments about monkeys please...)

:}

RichT
3rd Jul 2004, 09:51
How about:
"CAUTION MAY CONTAIN NUTS"

bacardi walla
3rd Jul 2004, 17:28
RichT - superb :yuk:

bacardi walla
18th Jul 2004, 10:52
Rich T think that should read "DOES CONTAIN NUTS"....:p

batninth
18th Jul 2004, 11:56
RichT & Barcadi Walla, having severe nut allergies in the family which restricts the airlines that we can fly with - I feel that your comments may be somewhat misplaced and inaccurate.;)

Taking my lead here from the Anaphylaxis Campaign, these warnings about nuts are usually applied in the circumstances that could best described as "This product has been manufactured in a factory where nuts may be present" - surely more appropriate to this case?

Personally I would like to see how RyanAir would cope if Orange wanted to match Vodaphone and asked for a logo jet - nice orange tail, phone number down the side... but then if it lived to it's namesake it probably wouldn't be able to cover certain aiports

bacardi walla
18th Jul 2004, 13:15
batninth initial point taken, but could you lighten up a little :ok: Think me and Rich T are talking about nuts that originate on an island not too far from UK :E

Your comment about easyJet and Orange is a good one. Be nice to see a Tango-logo-jet maybe :confused:

RichT
18th Jul 2004, 14:37
I meant the nuts that hold the control column not the eating kind.:D

EastMids
18th Jul 2004, 22:46
The only nut in Ryanair is the guy who runs the airline! :p

batninth
19th Jul 2004, 09:00
RichT & Barcardi Walla - apologies if it seemed heavy but I did have my tongue firmly in my cheek when I wrote the post.

Think me and Rich T are talking about nuts that originate on an island not too far from UK

So was I when I said that the product may have been put together in a facility where nuts might have been present. For some strange reason at the moment I was writing that, the signpost by the traffic lights at the entrance to Dublin airport came to mind with the pointer to RyanAir...

EastMids - I think there's more than one, but having one at the top of the organisation does make it easier for the others to make headway.

RichT - I am not so sure about the ladies and gentlemen who hold the control column. Despite the stories that I occassionally hear when sitting in a bar in the Emerald Isle with a Guinness in my hand, are we not told that these guys are following SOPs, and I guess that we may judge the many by the antics of the few.

What would be interesting is to know how much effect the logo planes have actually had. Does seeing a bright yellow 737 encourage me to hire a car from Hertz, or seeing a red one make me think of ordering a Kilkenny?

RichT
19th Jul 2004, 13:00
No offence meant in fact if anything this is a bit of self deprecation but I feel my poor attempts at comedy are being dashed on the rocks of a more serious topic. Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Nuf said

Waveman
19th Jul 2004, 22:18
Saw the Hertz one at BHX a few days ago and it looked rather tired - bit like a 70's Ford Cortina you might find on Arfur Daley's car sales lot. Not exactly a good advert for Hertz!