PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser HMEC25?

Flying Bog Monster
2nd Jul 2004, 12:08
Has anyone used Sennheiser HMEC25 in light piston aircraft, and if so, what did you think of it?

Did you find that it attenuated the noise sufficiently to make the cockpit environment reasonably comfortable?

How did you find the "clamping force" of them?

Has anyone tried both Sennheiser HMEC25 and Bose X? If so, how did the two compare in terms of noise attenuation and comfort?

Lastly, does anyone know a Sennheiser aviation headset stockist in SE QLD? Or is there someone/somewhere from whom I can rent it for a short while for me to try it out? I'm not game to buy it without trying it, in case it turns out to be uncomfortable.

Thanks for your help guys!

Vertical Smiles
4th Jul 2004, 10:10
Can't comment on the Sennheiser HMEC25, but the Bose X are an excellent headset - both in comfort and noise reduction.

You get what you pay for.

Rudder
4th Jul 2004, 18:47
FBM,

I own a set of the 25's for my own use and use the Bose in an aircraft that comes equiped with them ( it needs them)

The 25's are fine for most aircraft and Helicopters although have had a couple of aircraft and Heli's that the mike won't work in. I assume it's an impedence issue. They are however nice and light.

The Bose's are great and if I was purchasing now would go with them. Comfortable even though they are large and don't squeeze the eyeballs as you would think.

Listening Watch
9th Jul 2004, 09:02
2x :ok: for the BOSE X

Best investment i ever made.

LW