PDA

View Full Version : EPST / AJFC Info

Chuffer Chadley
2nd Jul 2004, 09:36
Morning, all

Now that the whole CTC idea has come to an end (for me) , I have been looking at the EPST setup in Holland.

It looks to me like their AJFC (Advanced Jet Foundation Course) is similar in some respects to CTC's AQC/ATP scheme.

Any info on this, especially prospects for employment afterwards?

Cheers
CC

Coastrider26
2nd Jul 2004, 11:48
Went through a program of that company a couple of years ago. Never got the promissed interview with ATP/CTC at that time and found a job for by myself. Last couple of years I've heard good things about the ab initio program. But i'd be very carefull as far as "after sales service" I'd say get it all on paper from mr Verburg.

Chuffer Chadley
4th Jul 2004, 21:29
Thank you, Coastrider

As I understand it, they no longer have any relationship with CTC, and do not try to place pilots through them. Put me right if you know different!

Cheers
CC

trainer too 2
6th Jul 2004, 18:34
This is a very professionale place that have in the past done a lot of training for BA and others. They started with ATP but have parted as I understand it. They do still place people with airlines but I am not sure who / what / where. :ok:

Chuffer Chadley
10th Jul 2004, 20:07
Thanks, TT2.

Anyone else care to offer a view?

PMs also most welcome.

Cheers
CC

Wonkavator
5th Aug 2004, 18:28
Hey CC,

I've done their AJFC course and I must say that it's a great course. You really are being trained in a way that a type-rating (whenever you find a job) is much much easier. :ok:

However, they also promise you that they will inform you whenever a partner/company opens their doors and you may come to an interview.......so far no such luck for me :{ (and I know some of these companies already have been interviewing) :mad:

Craggenmore
5th Aug 2004, 18:43
EPST have sent quite a few Dutch students through OAT and its all gone slightly pearshaped now that their courses have finished. Either they are very unfortunate in their timing or EPST are up to something.

Parts of their promised course have gone missing and now they are to pay for these missing parts even though they were in the original deal...

An example is that they were to do the MCC on OAT'S sim as part of the original cost but they had it scrapped. They now have to fund the MCC themselves and guess where they are to do it?...EPST hq....

From what I have heard, they dont seem to have any partner companies either which is another reason as to why all the Dutch guys are real pi**ed, and probably why none of you lot have heard anything since which is why you are all posting about it.

They do provide training though.......

Craggs

Chuffer Chadley
11th Sep 2004, 10:45
Once more unto the top of the forum...

...my last cry for information about the AJFC.

I suspect that I will not be inclined to risk my hard-earned pennies on this one.

Cheerio
CC

Tubbs
11th Sep 2004, 13:50
Gapan were offering 2 scholarships for the AJFC. Not sure if that amounts to a vote of confidence by Gapan or whether it's a marketing ploy for EPST.

western bronco
11th Sep 2004, 14:15
Hi,

Am another AJFC graduate. The course itself was very useful, really good quality training and they were not prepared to allow sub standard candidates to finish the course. All the instructors were highly experienced and it really prepared you for a type rating course and sim check. I have just recently been through a sim check and the course played a big part in my passing it.

Those are the good points....now the bad stuff; I like most others did the course on the premise that if I was up to standard there would be sending AJFC guys off to interviews with countless low cost carriers. So far since finishing the course I have yet to hear anything from EPST. Others I have also spoken to are the same; no contact and no links with any airlines....who I know are recuiting?

So overall if you are doing this course on the basis of improving your skills (as the MCC is not enough to get you ready for type rating) then this is great. If you are expecting a job through them....who knows..join the queue. Plus they will be putting there own ab-initio students above you in the queue. Think carefully!

Chuffer Chadley
11th Sep 2004, 18:45
Thanks for this, Western Bronco

When did you do the course?

PM me if you would prefer. Again, all help is gratefully received.

CC

DGP
12th Sep 2004, 17:51
I can confirm Western Bronco's reply, and have the same experience.

I hope that jobs will come in the near future, but you should not be impatient because I know guys who finished the course at the end of 2003 with no joboffer so far.

DGP

Chuffer Chadley
13th Sep 2004, 14:55
Gentlemen

Thanks for all this. I rather think it will be wisest for me to hold onto my pennies for the time being at least.

Cheers
CC