PDA

View Full Version : Flight services providers

JBGA
1st Jul 2004, 16:40
Hello all

I am looking for feedback on flight plan and trip support providers in Europe/Middle East for a small CL61 operator. I've been reccomended Universal Weather or Jeppesen but have experience of neither.
Jeppesen seem the natural choice because they also provide charts and navdata but I'm interested to hear reccomendations or your experiences of either.

Rgds

JBGA

Citation500
1st Jul 2004, 17:17
Expireanced them both good but expensive. Why not try a smaller (but very fine) one? Flight service intl. Based in MUC (EDDM) You can reach them at +497229661466

Brgds Greg

Kopeloi
1st Jul 2004, 17:18
I have been using Universal for many years and have only good things to say about them and they service. Flight plans are spot on and I never experienced any problems with overflight or other permits. A superb service, you canīt go wrong using them! UV is also offering a fuel card that can make great savings worldwide. Unfortunately my experience about Jeppesen flight plans is very limited.
Nikolai

JBGA
13th Jul 2004, 08:57
Thanks for the advice.

Can anyone comment on Jeppesen? Or how about Air Routing International?

4x4
17th Jul 2004, 21:22
Fly roughly 1300 hrs a year on European, Transatlantic, Middle East Corporate routes.....Big trips, through to 8/9 sector days.....use Jeppesen for all except Far East and Pacific. Excellent service, nice people, unsure on costs, as bills head off in opposite direction, but well worth enquiring, and easy to recommend.

AA717driver
18th Jul 2004, 04:28
We use Air Routing and they do a great job. I've been told that many of the handlers are under contract to both Universal and AR.

They are still fine-tuning the fuel burns on the G550 but I bet they have the Challenger down pretty well.

Sorry, don't know anything about the finances--as long as the check doesn't bounce!

Good luck.TC

411A
19th Jul 2004, 01:24
Have personally used both Jeppesen (within the last two years) and Universal (five years ago) and both provided excellent service.
Reviewing the costs, both about the same.
Expensive.
Having said this, when the chips are down, and you need the job done now, cost does not necessarily enter into the picture.
My personal choice would be Universal.
For those that didn't know, they were an airline at one time, one of the original 13 US supplemental aircarriers.