PDA

View Full Version : Flights to RIYADH

Rwy in Sight
1st Jul 2004, 12:47
Hello,

I was checking fares and availability for fares to RIYADH in early August from ATH/LGAV and it seems neither SU nor any other airline have any discounted fares left for the ATH-RUH trip. I can't imagine that those flights are so solidly booked and all the cheap fares have gone. I check virtually any airline (including and some ouside- BA and AF) in the region and the fares are the double than usual.

Could some one explain what is happening or if the world has gone unconventional wisdom and fly to mysterious place.

Rwy in SIght

Hotel Mode
1st Jul 2004, 13:50
Discount fares are there to attract the discretionary pax. In the current circumstances those that need to go, need to go and will pay the fare regardless. Anyone else is not going to go on the basis of a discount fare so why reduce the yield. Its not abo0ut filling the seats but getting the most cash per flight.

Big Tudor
1st Jul 2004, 15:39
Could it be connected to the Olympics?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
1st Jul 2004, 17:34
I wasn't aware that you were even allowed to be a discretionary passenger to Saudi Arabia, thought it was strictly by invitation only.

Rwy in Sight
2nd Jul 2004, 16:20
Thank you very much for your input particularly Hotel Mode. I am not sure about any connections with the Olympics...

Any ideas about how to find a cheap fare? Any agency site? I really like to go there!!!

Rwy in Sight

mutt
2nd Jul 2004, 17:40
Rwy in sight,

Flights to and from Saudi Arabia are booked solid til September. I'm not just talking about ATH, but all of Europe, Africa and Asia.

Was checking out the EK website for a flight from DXB-JED, over a period of 20 days, none were available!

This is normal, it has something to do with the "summer"......

It doesnt help that saudia is operating a 120 seater MD90.... Suggest you try checking fares through Istanbus or Rome.

Mutt.