PDA

View Full Version : Carill Aviation (EGHI)

c-bert
1st Jul 2004, 09:47
I'm contemplating doing the modular route with Carill at Southampton. Anyone have any experience of them?

Thanks

tonker
1st Jul 2004, 12:52
Did my CPL their 3 years ago and found everything well organised. Good aircraft and instructors. What you see is what you get. Keeping it simple has been something that has done me fine.

Good luck

Aim High
1st Jul 2004, 18:36
Some Cranfield Aviation Training School students did their CPLs with Carill and spoke highly of the quality of training there. The impression was a small but efficient and friendly school offering good flight instruction.

pda1
23rd Jan 2005, 13:21
I'm currently a PPL student with them at the moment, and i'm more than happy with the standard of instruction i have received.

I would recommend them to anyone.

NotamCheck
31st Jan 2005, 12:23
I would recommend them too. I finished my CPL about 18 months ago with them and then followed on with a FIC. I'm now an instructor for Carill.

Due to its small set-up, its ideal for the student to decide when he/she wants to fly. I did my CPL (very part time) on Saturdays spread over 6 months.

The Greaser
31st Jan 2005, 12:38
Carill are excellent!! Did my CPL and IR in 2002, a year later I was an FO with easyJet. Go there!!!

justcruising
1st Feb 2005, 14:56
I havent trained with them but i went to speak to them the other day and they gave me lots of their time and lots of very sound advice. Have the impression of a first class school. :ok:

Be aware however they are moving to lee on solent at the end of the month. This is due to the Company running the main airport forcing the GA slowly out by bumping up landing fee's, not allowing private light A/C to be kept there, and then puting up the rent on the school's premesis. None of this is the School's fault however and Lee isnt very far away if you have wheels.... but then again you may know all this already!!

spitfire747
4th Feb 2005, 09:20
currently at Carill doing my multi IR and everything is going well. The school is well and efficiently run by the owner. The aircraft are well maintained at the Lee airfield 5 mins flying time away.

Instruction is excellent, can't really fault the place and at the moment whilst being based at Southampton all approaches, radar vectored approaches, holds and landings are free to us.

I think they are moving to Lee on Solent in April, but correct me.

Spitty :ok: