PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Engineering work

tonic
30th Jun 2004, 21:02
Looking at moving to HK and wondering what and how easy it is to get work there for an AME. How hard is is to get a visa?

spannersatcx
1st Jul 2004, 10:34
Basically as a LAME you have 2 choices, HAECO or CX.

HAECO have a website and have vacancies on there from time to time. HAECO would be line or hangar work.

CX in HKG is mainly things like Maintenance Control, Tech Services, QA etc etc. We are I believe on the look out for suitably qualified, i.e. 747, 744, 330, 340, 777 LAME's around Asia which would be line work.

If you are interested in CX then drop me a pm and I will give you a contact e-mail.

Jango
1st Jul 2004, 11:39
Spanners is correct, (CX web site has jobs listed) but there are other operators of corporate aircraft and helicopters in hkg if you do not have large aircrafy type of coverage.

Air Macau are usually on the look out for A320 guys plus I think dragon air are still looking for maintrol guys too.

spannersatcx
1st Jul 2004, 20:12
Sorry forgot about KA, although I don't think they are the best payers out of the list.

Schrodingers Cat
11th Jul 2004, 09:43
It's absolutely VITAL that you talk to the LAMEs already there before committing yourself......... not just sacx but guys on the pan at HKG :ooh:

tonic
12th Jul 2004, 02:25
Thanks for the replies. Why so important to contact guys there first? Any contacts I can email? Thanks