PDA

View Full Version : SMS from SAA OCC

beechbum
30th Jun 2004, 19:47
Does anyone have any idea what the SMS was all about that was sent by SAA OCC? Instructions were that you were to send your e-mail address and then important info in connection with your application would be forwarded. I have heard two variations of this request.
1. For those that have not been interviewed within the last year - please remind us of who you are.
2.And this one - (Which is most disturbing)...SAA is commencing all interviews from scratch.So even if you have had your tea with JVJ, that will be thrown in the bin and the whole procedure will be started again.
It seems the recruitment circus is up to new tricks. Why can't it be kept simple?I know this is a stupid question, but surely it can't be that difficult to put some sort of proper recruitment policy in place?
Someone please give us the gen!!!!!!!!!!;)
:ok:

Shandy
30th Jun 2004, 21:17
Hey Beechbum,

Yeah, EVERYONE got an sms from SAA this week.

If you were one of the lucky ones, you might have got an employment call today ;-)

S.

newcrew
1st Jul 2004, 04:10
did anybody get called by SAA to start "work"

if so how many got the call

congrats to those who did

WildFrequency
1st Jul 2004, 06:04
SAA sent this SMS to all and sundry, including people who where interviewed 4 odd years ago. They are changing the employment application process to an online type, bit like Emirates I guess. The boys and girls who have had tea with JvJ and are still waiting for a start date, SAA appears to be very vague about whether we are going to have to go through the entire process again. Will have to wait and see, will at least they gave us a nice lunch and spent a few thousand dollars on us in a simulator :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Know three people who "got the call from V_____" at SAA HQ, they will be starting in the next three months or so.

BB give me a shout if you would like to know who they are! Hows that big jet treating you:ok: :ok:

goaround7
1st Jul 2004, 06:57
Spoke to originator of SMS who advises just a new 'form' to be sent out in connection with updated recruitment process. All 'in the holding pattern' will get one ie. anyone who has theoretically got on the list for recruitment.

Should start taking in people again shortly. SAA training pilot also confirmed they need new blood in a hurry as they are getting short.

Good luck to all.

Goldfish Jack
2nd Jul 2004, 05:53
Gee I also got a text message from them.

Had nothing to do with recruitement. It was something about apologising for using 121.5 instead of their company frequency to pass company information..........

There I was thinking I was going to become a professional first officer..........

goblin
2nd Jul 2004, 20:11
Lo and behold, after hearing nothing from SAA for about 2 years I also got a sms from Ms Mahopo, and today I received a brand new application form in the (e)mail.

They want to know if I can swim 30 meters, and if I have family employed by SAA - do I answer yes/no, no/no, ?/? or what?

Good luck to all.

Cheers :rolleyes:

REAL ORCA
3rd Jul 2004, 19:23
Swim 30 meters? You will need to swim about 3000 miles to get back here.

Hope you are well!

Skaz
8th Jul 2004, 19:13
Ms Mahopo, is that Irene? The Irene thats never in he office to take your call?

Does anybody know what their minimums are these days...I mean after the cadets and argentinians or south americans and whoever else has been helped?

Skaz
11th Jul 2004, 17:11
never mind, found out eventually.

BAKELA
18th Jul 2004, 21:00
WF, thought BB was leaving Sadly Alone Airline... . :E Just thinking about the disaSTAR ALLIANCE...nogal.

But on the other hand Darren, heard about a BJ so hope I have your BB correct. Could be Bob's Business as well... looking at the Zero Understanding for Multilateral Attitudes we have around Tswhane (or should that be Pretoria...?)...as 126,7 says...just talking kak around The Campfire...on The Campfie Forum...**** happens.

Sorry for the sluggish reply but, ... yar well no fine... :uhoh:

Slapfaan...bru, shame, sounds like you're used to it.

Skaaaaazzz, welcome to the club, we all do sooner or later chum... :O

Taildraggers teach you about the 4th dimension