PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Posts

London Jets
30th Jun 2004, 14:03
Hi Guys

Just wondering if any of you guys have the same problem as me, I seem to have had a number of my post dissapear from pprune over the past week or so and I don't know why? If they were offensive then I could understand the moderators getting involved but none of them were.

Could this be a problem with my machine? or do you have any other suggestions?

Many thanks

LJ

Naples Air Center, Inc.
30th Jun 2004, 14:44
London Jets,

Could you give some examples of posts/threads that are missing.

Take Care,

Richard

BOAC
30th Jun 2004, 17:04
LJ - are you sure they have been 'deleted' and not 'moved' to a more appropriate forum?

Have you used 'search' to look for them?

London Jets
30th Jun 2004, 21:12
HI guys

not sure which post they are but I was (a day or so ago) showing that I'd posted about 80 posts and then I logged on earlier and it was showing about 74 this morning. thats about all I know.

LJ

PPRuNe Pop
1st Jul 2004, 06:07
BOAC or c-s-c has probably given you the answer. It is rare for moderators to delete posts - even then the reason has to be within our own strict bounds.

PPP

London Jets
2nd Sep 2004, 11:09
Hi all

My original problem is still happening with regard to some of my post being deleted. I have changed my password recently and I am still loosing or having my posts deleted. When I logged on at the beginning of the week I had 105 posts and since then and now I've lost about 9 or 10 posts.

LJ

BOAC
2nd Sep 2004, 13:09
Aha! Are we talking ACTUAL posts going AWOL or just the total NUMBER of your posts reducing?

If it is the latter, possibly threads where you have posted have been deleted by thread starters etc. If the former, it is not unknown for the 'odd' senior mod to be mischievous with peoples' post numbers............... - yes, I know, but think what other misdemeanours they might be committing if they were not doing that:D

If the former, maybe cut-and-paste your new posts and email to me with location and I'll sit watch?

We cannot have thread nickers around here:D :D

The Invisible Cat
2nd Sep 2004, 13:37
London Jets

One would avoid discussing such matters openly. Search for "Aunt Mary" (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=1094041&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending) :E :E

Actual number of p**ts is 134 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=1096626&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending), draw your own conclusions :suspect: