PDA

View Full Version : QF Active Consideration

Luddite 2.0
30th Jun 2004, 08:49
Further to the "QANTAS Calls" thread;

Who has been on "active consideration" for greater then twelve months?

If you have, are you currently working for a QF Subsidiary?

MR2UM8
30th Jun 2004, 10:19
Interesting topic!

The only people I know of who are in the active consideration bag and have been there for longer than a few months do work for QF subsidiaries. I have heard various people point it out in the past aswell.

If you want to work for mainline, best not to take that job with Easterns!

tyga78
2nd Jul 2004, 09:49
Have been on active consideration for the last 18 months. Have done sim, interview, ref checks, security checks and OPG. Nothing heard yet. Confused???? You betcha!!! QF recruitment. The 8th wonder of the world!!!

Doctor Smith
2nd Jul 2004, 10:21
If you want to work for mainline, best not to take that job with Easterns! So true.
But just ask wayne Kearns. He denies any bias against subsidiary pilots. Just a coincidence that more guys have been hired from REX and other regionals over the last 10 years? Maybe Eastern blokes are just too dumb to get thru the hoops?

Yeah. That's it:yuk:

Luddite 2.0
4th Jul 2004, 03:39
Tyga78

So mate, are you a QF subsidiary pilot?

All the guys that I know that have been on Active Consideration at all are now working for Mainline or in a subsidiary. However, my scope is fairly narrow of course.

Is there any more people out there with, say, six months on Active Consideration?

happydriver
4th Jul 2004, 06:35
Reading the selectrion process briefing sheet my interpretation is that one can spend up to six months on hold before they decide/reconsider what to do with your file....i'm assuming that they either write or call you when your six months is up....i'm on 2months now since my opg and ref checks and am wondering if after reading some of the other posters if i've interpreted it wrong....can someone shed some light on this..please.:confused:

tyga78
7th Jul 2004, 03:53
Luddite, not with a QF regional, with one of the other ones. I think it really is a numbers game. Have heard stories of guys being on hold for upto 3 years or more then getting a job. Also heard that some can get the thanks for coming letter. Either way, I guess I'm half way there.

altocu
7th Jul 2004, 05:14
Was under "active consideration" for 14 months before getting the nod, and was not employed by a qantas subsidiary. I know of quite a few people who were in the same boat too.

Alto

happydriver
7th Jul 2004, 10:10
Altocu.....was the better part of that 14 months waiting because QF weren't actively recruiting like it is currently?...and did they contact you at all during that 14 months to say that you are still under active consideration or any sought of contact at all from the gals at recruitment.

Cheers:ok: