PDA

View Full Version : JQ Pilots - Gone before they begin?

Tagneah
30th Jun 2004, 08:42
Can anyone confirm a report that a number of Jetstar pilots in France completing their A320 endorsements have been offered Contract flying and have accepted? Any ideas as to the number of pilots who have abandoned the ship? Could this be an indication of things to come?? Dragonair anyone??

Jet Jockey
30th Jun 2004, 09:24
It would not surprise me! There is any number of contracts going. Minimum going rate is $6000 US for an A320 F/O. If its outside continental Europe you will get accommodation and transport on top of that. Generally paid to any bank account in the world.
I know I am on one.
Ex AN A320 not good enough for Qantas or Virgin but can pick and choose in Europe because of experience level. It's been a nice concilation prize $10,500 oz tax free a month.
Stay at home and be a poor man or see the world and make a few Bucks???????????????????

jokeStar
30th Jun 2004, 11:19
Yeah, its true. A few of the fella's went straight to Dragonair. And word has it, the trickle might turn into a bit more than that.

Can't blame em. :p

Wizofoz
30th Jun 2004, 12:09
Shades of the AN CRJ debarcle. Aircraft against the fence because no sooner did they manage to qualify i guy, he was off to better things.

As to those who've been slagging these guys, I guess you'll have to cross Dragonair off your list of "safe" airlines?

Capn Bloggs
30th Jun 2004, 12:42
What about a bond? Did they pay for their endorsement as they ran out the gate?

boocs
30th Jun 2004, 14:07
Wizofoz, could you further explain what you mean by crossing KA off your list of "safe" airlines...........

Wizofoz
30th Jun 2004, 14:12
boocs,

Sorry, the comment was meant to be ironic. Some rather sad Qantas pilots have been suggesting that Jetstar is unsafe as some of it's pilots have been turned down by Qantas in the past.

As these guys are now getting jobs at KA, I was basically daring the QF guys to label KA as "Unsafe" as a result.

I have no doubt KA is a first class operator, and will be delighted with their new arrivals.

Yorik Hunt
30th Jun 2004, 20:37
Gee,if the shoe fits....?

Wizofoz
30th Jun 2004, 20:45
Apollogies to all, especially Keg.

Yorik IS a troll,

No-one could be that stupid except on purpose.

Icebreaker
1st Jul 2004, 03:53
back to the topic of the post.
I'd heard that 4 guys trained in Miami have been offered 2 year contracts in Asia. Apparently there was a guy studying there who was scouting for the carrier. Anyone know who the carrier is?

Jet Jockey
1st Jul 2004, 05:55
Take Your Pic
Vietnam,Valuair,Tiger,Dragonair, Royal Brunei. All looking for Airbus crew